• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the Grade--1945-D Jefferson Nickel

14 posts in this topic

I would guess MS67 on a good day, but both NGC and PCGS are so cowed by CAC now that I have no idea what they graded it, probably MS65!

I can understand how this coin would grade MS66 and I wouldn't mind seeing it in a 67 holder. It has great luster, beautiful toning and eye appeal, and is not as clean as some of my 67 Jeffs but is on par with most of them. I strongly disagree with the assigned grade, this is not a 65 IMO.

JeffersonNickel1945-DNGCMS651956-1.jpg

That is an early numbered slab issued back when NGC graded very conservatively. It would have graded higher recently. However, both services are running scared with CAC around. I would not waste my money regrading it now.

That is an early numbered slab issued back when NGC graded very conservatively. It would have graded higher recently. However, both services are running scared with CAC around. I would not waste my money regrading it now.

Thanks for the tip OT3, but the simple truth is that I am just too damn lazy to resubmit the thing anyway. I don't care what the holder says, I love the coin and got it for $12.

Your coin looks at least as good as the MS67 you posted. I would think you would have a good chance that the Jeff. would up grade at least one point CAC or not..