• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1882 Morgan Grade? Edited to Include Grade.

9 posts in this topic

Please take a shot at the grade of this one. Note: Scan makes this more difficult because, obverse is SemiPL, reverse is PL. Scan does not show good surface field reflections.

1882-PMorg.jpg1882-PMorgRev.jpg

Actually, the 1882 Morgan graded MS62. I thought that it would line on (obverse) MS63/64 (reverse). The marks on the jaw must have knocked it down a grade. NGC grading is really getting tight as a tick!

Not enough on the obverse for a PL in my Mind ... With a billion of the "P"'s out there they are starting to go a little more strick on grading them high.

I dont like scanned images though so details on the obverse are hard to see - And a scanned image kills all luster the coin may have .

From what I see its a 63 and Might sneak in a PL if you say it has mirrored surfaces.

Actually, I mentioned that this Morgan is only semi-PL on the obverse and PL on the reverse. NGC did not grade it semi-PL anyway.

Actually, I mentioned that this Morgan is only semi-PL on the obverse and PL on the reverse. NGC did not grade it semi-PL anyway.

I figured. I was going to say a 62 but the reverse is so nice - my problems with the coin are at the hairline right above the brow and the leaves to the right of liberty. AS I said they are getting more strict