• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One last one, an 1831... (grade posted)

10 posts in this topic

I like the looks of this Dave. The last "A" in America looks a little odd. EF45 possibly AU50 on this. I think this is also the weak motto type??

AU58-no guess on Overton-too tired, been hanging drywall all day. Fantastic coin, Dave.

I would like to see all your collection of CBH's-do you have a slideshow setup for them?

Congrats.

Jim

AU58-no guess on Overton-too tired, been hanging drywall all day. Fantastic coin, Dave.

I would like to see all your collection of CBH's-do you have a slideshow setup for them?

Congrats.

Jim

Thanks. My registry has a good portion of them. Coinzip has them all, but they are scattered in all the different Overton threads with hundreds of other peoples coins. Very fun to look at if you have not been there yet. Linky at the bottom of my Sig.

In 1831 there were an estimated 5,873,660 Bust Half Dollars Minted

12 Obverse Dies & 14 Reverse Dies were used to produced 20 different Die Marriages.

This coin looks like an AU 1831 O-104 (R1) to me

I'm not a big fan of grading companys, but I would guess:

NGC would call it 50 or 53

PCGS would call it 55 or 58

ANACS would call it 50 to 58

ICG would call it 50 or 53

If you would like to learn more about attributing Bust Half Dollars, here is some great Bust Half information.