• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Submissions

5 posts in this topic

I sent in three coins to NGC for grading. I used the coupons for express shipping. I have two other coins that I would like to submit, but without the coupons I would use the economy service. The economy service, however, requires a minimum of five coins to be submitted so I have to wait until I get three other coins to submit.

Problem is I tend to buy already slabbed coins. Does anyone else find the five coin minimum prohibitive?

Yes, the 5 coin mimimun sucks. However, I believe that JMaben said that if you have a total of 5 coins under two different service levels, to call customer service and see if they would say OK. He seemed to think they would.

I suppose they do it to reduce costs, but other than initial handling I suspect the cost per coin is not minimized significantly when 5 are submitted. Perhaps, the minimum could be waived when online submission forms are used?

I wish they would remove the "value caps" on the non-economy submission tier. I can't imagine sending in a $10,000 coin to NGC when I'd have to use the expensive submission tier. This is very true if the coin were not intended for resale. I'd just send it to PCGS.