• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sent to NGC today(81 O Morgan DMPL)

17 posts in this topic

Back again,

Just received my submission kit. Sent off the 1900 Morgan I posted Pics of last week along with this 81 O DMPL Morgan.

The pictures are okay, except there is a bit more chatter in the fields on the obverse behind the head. None on the reverse.

Anyone care to guess what NGC will give this one? 62,63,64 or No grade?I'm hoping for 64 of course,but 63 will do. Should know in a couple weeks.

59976-81Odmpl1.JPG.93f87296382a441a9e49b39b0054084f.JPG

59977-81Odmpl2.JPG.2397b4ee7f6ab480a5caef4e6fde56a6.JPG

Arrghhh

Reverse is VERY Nice

Kind of a weird thing going on with the cheek ... I would assume Lighting issues

But Field chatter affects grades on these ..

62PL

Yeah.My photog skills aren't up to par. Have to work on the lighting. These PL and DPL Morgans look hazy in my pics. But it's picking up my tan chair and/or the color of my hand. The 81-O s not hazy a bit. The mirrors are clear and the coin is all white. I can't see it not getting DPL. But then again.... Well, I'll post the results when it comes back(13 business days turnaround). I live in Sarasota,only 3 miles from NGC's office , so they are probably at NGC's office already. I wish they'd let locals drop of f and pick up coins. Would have save me a bunch.$18.00 to send five coins across town. Same or more for return.

Just checked order status. 5 coins received(6/11).

I live in Sarasota,only 3 miles from NGC's office , so they are probably at NGC's office already. I wish they'd let locals drop of f and pick up coins. Would have save me a bunch.$18.00 to send five coins across town. Same or more for return.

At one time they did allow CS members to make appointments to bring their submissions to the old facility. I used to make the trip from Cape Coral. I was there when the "suits" from Odyssey Marine were there taking delivery of the S.S. Republic slabs. Geez! All that gold stacked in boxes on the floor while they checked the inventory. My Mom and I also got to see the ship's bell, USS Tennessee as it was being conserved. Awesome! They changed their policy shortly after that.

I can understand why, for security reasons, they had to change the policy, but I wish that I could have gotten to see the new facility just once, though.

Chris

Not the result I was hoping for. MS 62 PL. NGC is getting Stingy. I've seen a heck of a lot worse in 63 and 64 holders.Seriously.

I live in Sarasota,only 3 miles from NGC's office , so they are probably at NGC's office already. I wish they'd let locals drop of f and pick up coins. Would have save me a bunch.$18.00 to send five coins across town. Same or more for return.

At one time they did allow CS members to make appointments to bring their submissions to the old facility. I used to make the trip from Cape Coral. I was there when the "suits" from Odyssey Marine were there taking delivery of the S.S. Republic slabs. Geez! All that gold stacked in boxes on the floor while they checked the inventory. My Mom and I also got to see the ship's bell, USS Tennessee as it was being conserved. Awesome! They changed their policy shortly after that.

I can understand why, for security reasons, they had to change the policy, but I wish that I could have gotten to see the new facility just once, though.

Chris

I did notice that there is a 'Walk through Tier" that is one day. I think it is $120.00 per coin.

Chris

I did notice that there is a 'Walk through Tier" that is one day. I think it is $120.00 per coin.

I think that is for dealers only.

Chris

I think that is for dealers only.

Could be. I just noticed the Tier and its cost. I don't have any coins that I would pay $120.00 for a day in and out so I just noticed it in passing.

Arrghhh

Reverse is VERY Nice

Kind of a weird thing going on with the cheek ... I would assume Lighting issues

But Field chatter affects grades on these ..

62PL

Don't be disappointed - it is a beautfiul coin. You like it and its all that matters.

Don't be disappointed - it is a beautfiul coin. You like it and its all that matters.

I'm just a little disappointed. More in myself.I bought this coin from Ebay. It was,of course , overstated. I took that into account,but still I had the chance to return it and didn't.I do like it. I usually won't try to return a coin I win in in Auction unless it's obviously a fraud.

BTW Ingrinz. You win the lollipop. Good eye.