• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Angst over Heritage sales!

6 posts in this topic

Yesterday, I ordered a nice looking Saint from the Heritage website, and I get an e-mail this afternoon saying sorry it was sold. Well, that's bad enough, but there was another one, same date/grade/service/price, and I might have bought that one, but I have no idea if that's still available. And I don't want to get the day late rejection again. You'd think if they want to sell coins, they'd try the "well this one's sold, but we have a similar one, could we put that aside for you?" approach. It would sure make me want to buy more from them, as it is I am just disgusted! mad.gif

One of my biggest gripes with Heritage is the lack of real-time inventory. However, they try to update it hourly, so generally, if you order something now, you will get the piece. The best thing to do is to get a sales rep on the phone and confirm it is available.

I have also had this happen with a Saint I wanted, but it showed up again in the next internet auction. So keep an eye out for it, you may see it again.

Thanks,

John

St. John is right - they often pull inventory to put in their exclusively internet auction. It's worth watching for. Fill out a want list and then it's easy to see if it shows up in auction. I always prefer calling Heritage anyhow. Paul Simonetti has always been good to me.

Jeff, I have not had happen that which happened to you, but I've worried about it - especially over a wekend. confused.gif

Hoot

Well, it has happened to be before with them, never with an internet auction, but rather with other people buying ahead of me. It's far worse on weekends since I don't think they update at all then. I looked at the internet auction and it wasn't there. But at least the Type 1 double eagle I ordered yesterday was there, so I got one! This is my first Type 1, and hopefully it looks good in person.