• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

color for the weekend

34 posts in this topic

Jack, them be some BEAUTS!!! :applause:

Stefanie, that's a nice looking group ya' got there! :applause:

Good looking pics, Bob.

Alright, I'll play too. I just went to a tiny local show just north of Houston this morning. There were about 20 dealers, but plenty of traffic. The fare was typical small show stuff - mostly raw, with a good mix of the most commonly collected stuff. As I walked up to one dealers display, he was talking with a client about 2 cent pieces, the collector said he was working on a complete set of 1864 2 cent varieties. Apparently he already had 50 or 60. He was showing the dealer a couple of 2 centers that he said were the best struck he had ever seen, and then offered to let me look at them. They were definitely sharp! I saw a MS 62 and 63 BN, and they were attractive, that's for sure. I didn't pick up too much, there were only a couple of Franklins and even less bust halves, which kind of surprised me. But oh well. I did get a couple of quarters for my album which I am slowly working on, mostly just adding things when it catches my eye. This quarter was really difficult to photograph. The rainbow toning around the edge goes three quarters of the way around, which is why I bought it, but it was almost impossible to catch on the camera.

59780-IMG_0939.jpg.fa4938faa1331ada3f70a62f3c56c721.jpg

Cardinal.jpg

I love that picture.

I can't keep up with Lee (he must belong to the "coin of the week club") and have to keep posting the same ol' coins everytime he starts a thread. :frustrated:

I had to post something with color, other than what everyone has seen.

Ray