• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

E-Bay Auction AT/NT

24 posts in this topic

Personally, I think this questionably toned coin is as cool as the other side of the pillow.

What on earth is that supposed to say? (shrug)

Anyway... that is a very cool looking cent IMHO but I have no idea how it happened.

What part of that sentence are you having trouble with?

"cool as the other side of the pillow" is an expression that Stuart Scott uses on Sportscenter.

the other side of the pillow is cool (temperature wise)

Ok... I gues I wasn't thinking literally enough for once....

Must be a yankee expression. :screwy:

;)

Must be a yankee expression. :screwy:

;)

Victor must be the only person alive who lays his head on both sides of the pillow at the same time. lol

Chris

Looks ok to me......I see proofs with toning like that all the time so it's not hard to image and SMS coin with similar toning.

I too have heard the expression....cool as the underside of the pillow and thought it was a common saying (shrug)

OK, I think it is hot as h***. Gorgeous coin regardless. Wonder what held the grade back? :banana:

Is it me or does this seller seem to have more than their fair share of rainbow toned coins? Just a thought.

Jim

OK, I think it is hot as h***. Gorgeous coin regardless. Wonder what held the grade back? :banana:

Is it me or does this seller seem to have more than their fair share of rainbow toned coins? Just a thought.

Jim

So do Shane and Braddick. Some dealers specialize in toned coins. I really don't see anything immediately suspicious with this dealer's inventory.

The obverse looks OK. The reverse looks AT, but the seller has pumped up the contrast (and possibly color balance) on that image to give it a distorted view, so who knows what it looks like in person.

Anyone else notice the great increase in toned SMS 1c that have hit the market recently? hm

The obverse looks OK. The reverse looks AT, but the seller has pumped up the contrast (and possibly color balance) on that image to give it a distorted view, so who knows what it looks like in person.

Anyone else notice the great increase in toned SMS 1c that have hit the market recently? hm

Yes I have.....

I personally know this seller.....good guy.......I don't know him to be a coin doctor but where he got the coin from is anyone's guess. I don't think it's AT though...

I've seen enough SMS to accept the obverse of the coin. The reverse is more questionable IMO.

I don't think the seller has that many toned coins for auction right now, unless he's added more since the last time I looked. Just a few pulled from mint sets.

As for Revenant : Tonight when you get into your bed, lay there for about 5 min, then flip the pillow over. :cool: < It can be a literal expression too> lol

Indeed. If someone could get a few rainbow toners in PCGS plastic graded 67+, I am a buyer. ;)

I actually have a lot of SMS pennies that are on their way to toning nicely. I've even sold a few. So, it's not totally unbelievable that the coins are natural, but some definitely aren't. SMS's are pretty cheap and people don't care about them much, so they tend to get stored in horrible conditions... I need to start storing mine outside... my climate controlled storage area... aka closet... isn't helping my toning efforts!

I prefer the warm top surface of my Router, under Webster's Revised, paperback edition as a compress for envelope, toning experiments on unslabbed, circulated coins only.

OK, so I won the auction 1966 SMS Lincoln Cent NGC MS67*BN . Now, has anyone seen my arm or my leg.

On another note, I tried to enter the coin in the registry and it does not qualify because it is not RD. Who really cares whether or not the coin is RD, RB, or BN when the RD coin only gets 20 points anyway. It looks like AT discrimination to me :jokealert:. Let me get my 3 points and put it in the registry. If they don't let it in, I am going to post the photo under a different 3 point coin and explain it in the description. After all, if anyone has a 1966 SMS MS67* Red that looks a cool as this coin, I would love to see it.

LincolnCent1966SMSMS67StarBN3002953.jpgLincolnCent1966SMSMS67StarBN3002-1.jpg

~Personally, I think this questionably toned coin is as cool as the other side of the pillow.~

If you've ever spent anytime in the south minus Air Conditioning, you'd know exactly what this saying means. When going to bed and laying there sweating profusely, you flip the pillow over and lay your head back down on that cool side.

You will find yourself doing this exchange all night long...btw, the obverse is fine on this SMS but the reverse is a bit eccentric for my taste. If you like it, it's a dandy!

Nice Registry quality toner!

(thumbs u

Going for Broke I see Lehigh? :insane:

lollollol

Going Broke is more like it, spending that money on that coin. But what the heck, I did well at the poker table this week.