• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Generous members of this forum!

26 posts in this topic

Chris's post of the medal that Hoot gave him just made me think of how generous some of our members are here on this forum. Without mentioning names of individuals, I can say that in the past 2 yrs that I have been here, I have never been given so many things.

I have been given a CBH, one person gave me 16 Uncirculated mint sets, I had extra coins in my packages when I've purchased from someone here, was sent a 24k stamp folder that my wife is collecting. The first time I met Bruce was at the TNA coin show, and he just handed me a nice Buffalo Nickel for no reason at all.It's hard sometimes to realize that there really are alot of good people that you've never even met face to face, and others that you do. I'm not just talking gifts, even tho' this is what sparked the post, but it's nice to know that there are REAL people that have more priorities in life than material possessions. I guess I just wanted to say a public thank you again to all of you!!

Here Here! RI AL discovered a few French Colonial coins not to long ago, and when he found I collected them, just sent me them. There are some really cool people here.

Yes, there are so many generous people here, but let's not forget the entire staff of NGC...........Dena, Scott, David (in no particular order, but Dena is the prettiest!).

Chris

Yes, there are so many generous people here, but let's not forget the entire staff of NGC...........Dena, Scott, David (in no particular order, but Dena is the prettiest!).

Chris

I agree with you here also Chris. The trivia quest alone sends many gifts out to those who participate.

Oh yes, there are lots of great people here. I'm starting to like coming here to see what I might be able to get through the marketplace forum rather than going through eBay. People here just treat you better. :)

Yes I have been given coins for my daughter several times by generous folks and when I couldn't attend this years fun show Dena sent me a few of the slabbed dollars for me and my daughter..................everyone on here is fantastic except for the pool shark......not mentioning any names....(Chris) lol

:baiting:

:jokealert:

Yes I have been given coins for my daughter several times by generous folks and when I couldn't attend this years fun show Dena sent me a few of the slabbed dollars for me and my daughter..................everyone on here is fantastic except for the pool shark......not mentioning any names....(Chris) lol

:baiting:

:jokealert:

doh! doh! doh!

Chris

I've had some very kind gifts from others as well. I just wish I'd joined about 5 years earlier when I'd have qualified as a YN. I'm just as poor (well, almost as poor), but I'm too old for all the goodies! lol

I've had some very kind gifts from others as well. I just wish I'd joined about 5 years earlier when I'd have qualified as a YN. I'm just as poor (well, almost as poor), but I'm too old for all the goodies! lol

Yeah, that makes you about one-quarter of a century old............such a shame!

Chris

Well, I'm 21 but I don't see that many "goodies."

PM me your Mailing address I will send you something - I hate when someone feels left out :)

Mike

Well, I'm 21 but I don't see that many "goodies."

PM me your Mailing address I will send you something - I hate when someone feels left out :)

Mike

hm Ok. I'm curious as to what "something" entails so this should be fun.

I wasn't trying to complain though, just noticing that the low 20s don't have it much better than the mid-20s. :) Just to be clear.

I once ran into a kid (teenager) on some other forums that really wanted a '43 Steel Penny. I told him to message me an address and I'd send him one. I picked out one for the nicer raw ones I had on hand and put in in the mail. You would have thought it was Christmas. I hope it encouraged him to become a collector.

I was going to post what it was but ... NAHHHH

You can when you get it ...

Mike

I was going to post what it was but ... NAHHHH

You can when you get it ...

Mike

Hmmm.... Drat. Now I have to be patient. :pullhair: ..... :)

My PO is the BEST in the Nation - You may have it MONDAY

Too long! :cry: .... :kidaround:

The post office is driving me nuts this week. Something that I purchased from another forum member that shipped out a week ago is still in the mail while things shipped out Tuesday have already arrived. If it isn't here by Monday or Tuesday I'm going to start having serious concerns that USPS ate it and I really wanted that coin. [/rant]

Thanks. It'll be fun to open the package when it arrives. :)

Edited to add:

Is your eBay ID the same as your forum ID?

:gossip: jgrinz, I feel so stupid asking this but could you please explain what this is and where it came from? :insane: It's really cool though. :)

59458-DenverMintMedal1.JPG.32abc7da7f7473a05107797b6d6274a3.JPG

59459-DenverMintMedal2.JPG.d3814c96c8f48e18b7ea278b336c65de.JPG

Is that what he sent you?! Those are way cool, IMO!

Not to answer for him, but I believe they were minted by the same guy who did the Amero - Daniel Carr/ DCCoins, is it? (somebody correct me if I'm wrong). The original mintage was limited to 200 pieces.

Description

Item Specifics - US Coins

Grade: PF69DCAM Mint: Denver

Certification: -- Material: Brass

Certification Number: -- Method of Manufacture: Proof

Condition: Uncirculated

The US Treasury Denver Mint facility first began producing coins in 1906. Since the US Mint did not issue any commemorative coins or medals for the Denver Mint's 100th Anniversary, Daniel Carr (a Denver native who was born not far from the Mint facility) designed and issued this medal to commemorate the centennial.

The obverse shows an architectural detail (window and tympanum) from the exterior of the original part of the building's facade, along with a symbolic "D" mint mark.

The reverse shows a treasury shield with balance scales (symbolizing the Denver Mint's assay history), 38 stars (Colorado is the 38th state), and a cameo of a Liberty Head $20 gold coin (which was produced during the Mint's first year of operation in 1906). The $20 symbolic face value is a tribute to that $20 gold coin. This is a private issue token and is not government-issue legal tender.

Size: 39mm

Composition: Brass

Weight: 26.2 grams

Edge: Reeded

Finish: Proof-Like

Final Mintage: 200

NOTE:

These had been unavailable for over a year. Of the original mintage of 200, half of them had been misplaced. Those 100 were recently discovered again and are now available. None of the Denver Mint Centennial medals have been minted since 2006 and none will ever be minted again. The original announced mintage figures of 200 pieces have not been exceeded

---

Glad you liked it ..

Mike

Good people here. I also wouldn’t dismiss a number of people here who will give better than fair prices to fellow collectors.

Yes. I've seen more than one instance of that lately.