• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

coin grade/opinions?

4 posts in this topic

I've decided to place this coin in my 7070. Do you think the discolored spot on the reverse takes away too much from this coins beauty? I love dark colored coins and most in my dansco reflect that. I appreciate your opinions. By the way, Vic, did you decide to keep your dark quarter?

Jim

1853warrowsslabbeddigitalblue.jpg

I don't know much about these Jim nor the prices of these. If this is a reasonably priced coin, then I would look for better. If it is pretty expensive, then I'm sure I would have to consider that into what I can appreciate and afford in my album.

The lightly circulated "arrows" variety 1853 coins are always in demand because of the high prices of mint state coins.

Half-dimes are mighty small to begin with, so I would bet that the discoloration is quite trivial in size. On a piece like this I think it doesn't do too much to harm the eye appeal since it is on the reverse and situated quite symetrically nearly between the arms of the wreath.