• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the "B" for?

17 posts in this topic

Possibly the dumb question of the day..

P. 24 of June 2nd Coin World, the slab photo says, "1834 50 C SS New York Shipwreck effect (B) XF.....what does the "B" mean? Is there a "Shipwreck Effect (A)??? or C???

RI AL

Head fixer appointment went well. Brain chemical imbalance caused by my other meds...of course...there's a pill for that too...ah...the wonders of modern medicine...

lol i feel you on the meds. i have bipolar/ borderline skits. and axiety disorder :) 5-7 meds.

also good question :) ive never seen (a) and (b) on shipwrecked coins.

lol i feel you on the meds. i have bipolar/ borderline skits. and axiety disorder :) 5-7 meds.

also good question :) ive never seen (a) and (b) on shipwrecked coins.

That's rough, man. Must be expensive too. I only have to take 1 med, costs about $20/month.

you dont even want to know costs.

Oh, I know how it can be. My sister has to shell out nearly $500 a month for 1 medication. My step-brother's mother and maternal grandparents are both bipolar.

I take (11) prescription meds. everyday for everything from angina to asthma. Without having (2) prescription medical insurance and drug coverage policies, I would be dead and broke, or broke first and then dead! I may have to die next year anyhow when I lose my disability income and we have to live on our combined Social Security, because co-payments are increasing faster than the price of prescriptions.

I take (11) prescription meds. everyday for everything from angina to asthma. Without having (2) prescription medical insurance and drug coverage policies, I would be dead and broke, or broke first and then dead! I may have to die next year anyhow when I lose my disability income and we have to live on our combined Social Security, because co-payments are increasing faster than the price of prescriptions.

Ouch.

Good one OT3. Hope you don't mind if I paste it. Too many don't know what it is!

SHIPWRECK EFFECT A - a coin exhibiting minimal surface disturbance from saltwater exposure, and exhibiting superior eye appeal for a shipwreck artifact.

SHIPWRECK EFFECT B – a coin showing evidence of light surface disturbance from emersion in saltwater, and may have some areas of moderate disturbance, not effecting central design elements. Coin possesses above average eye appeal for shipwreck recovery coin.

SHIPWRECK EFFECT C – a coin displaying moderate disturbance to its surface from exposure to saltwater, while possessing at least average eye appeal for a recovery specimen. Accurate attribution and identification is not hindered by any surface impairment.

SHIPWRECK EFFECT - portions of the coin exhibit heavy to severe disturbance from saltwater exposure, with metal loss affecting the design. While accurate identification and attribution may be possible, it is no longer possible to draw conclusive determinations about the coin’s surface prior to saltwater exposure.