• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What will $100 buy?

21 posts in this topic

One full tank of gas for my Ford F150 which I had to pay this morning!

rantrant

Imagine how collectors must look to the sane populus: paying $100 or $1000 or even $10,000 for a cent, nickel or whatever must make us appear to be quite the stupe.

[font:Century Gothic] Post your $100 coin. [/font]

59082-55O.jpg.13e2dcce8f2d2a9ccc4fdd71528c91b2.jpg

Most of the Type Set that I have completed so far was done for less than $100 per coin, on average. You can see the link in my sig line.

I have many, many $100 coins, so I will post my most recent $100 purchase. I just won this coin for exactly $100 (before shipping).

Eisenhower Dollar 1972 NGC MS65

EisenhowerDollar1972NGCMS65.jpg

I don't know if Ben (danegeld ATS--bonedigger on other boards) posts posts here or not, but he has one of the most amazing bust half collections around and only paid a per coin average of around 100.00--INCLUDING HIS 1815!!.

Post from coinzip.com

Status Update, 30 Mar 08 -- 132 coins and 122 varieties

I've been asked to post some pictures of the collection and the only way I could do this was to page copy and them convert that in (jpgs). There's some early American copper tossed in for good measure too, lol. All coins are circulated and the average cost of each one comes to a reasonable $109, including the 1815/12 in VF-30 condition! The set's average grade is also VF-30, not too bad I think.

BHD1.jpg

BHD2.jpg

BHD3.jpg

BHD4.jpg

BHD5.jpg

BHD6.jpg

Update

Total now is 137 coins and 126 Die Marraiges.

Who says you can't collect early material on a budget?

About half a tank of gas in my suburban!! :o :o :o

That's what you get for buying one of those monsters. :P

I don't have many $100 coins. Most are either considerably lower or considerably higher. However, my 2006W, 1996 and 2000 M.S. SAEs all cost about that much.

About half a tank of gas in my suburban!! :o :o :o

That's what you get for buying one of those monsters. :P

I don't have many $100 coins. Most are either considerably lower or considerably higher. However, my 2006W, 1996 and 2000 M.S. SAEs all cost about that much.

Got to move the family about somehow...but will be buying down in another year.

Also $102 got me 2006 PF70 UC 20th Anniversary Silver Eagle :applause:

I got this beauty for $83.50..has really nice toning.

1972IKE.jpg

P.S. I filled the truck and boat Sunday night for the big day on monday.

I always buy a keg and all the boys come to the lake and we go tubing and skiing.

Truck Fuel $95.00 Boat Fuel $185.00 (you know its bad when you have 6 transactions, visa limit $50.00)

My boat went thru 49 gallons of fuel, It drinks 5 gallons in thirty minutes pulling somebody.

Not a bad way to spend over $400 dollars in one day!! :)