• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

we knew this was gonna happen

10 posts in this topic

Yes, we did. Back in December, it was added to the omnibus budget bill. In fact, I wrote about it on my blog 12/23. You can read my opinion here.

Scott :hi:

Expect the hucksters on tv to hype it as hard as they can. "THIS IS THE FIRST YEAR THAT IGWT HAS APPEARED ON THE OBVERSE OF THE PRESIDENTIAL DOLLARS!! BY CONGRESSIONAL MANDATE, IT CANNOT EVER APPEAR ON THE EDGE AS IN PREVIOUS ISSUES! I THINK I JUST WET MYSELF! YUP, I DID!!"

Well, that only leaves X billion out there with edge lGWT. I'm sure the telemarketers will be hyping that in the future.

Well, that only leaves X billion out there with edge lGWT. I'm sure the telemarketers will be hyping that in the future.

I wonder how this will effect the values of the 2007 & 2008 dollars?

There are too damn many of these for the value to ever rise too high. I'm collecting them for fun, not because I expect to make a mint one day.

Not at all I'm sure, Bobby.

It will all be hype whatever happens.

I agree. they will probably start hyping the 2009's with "what if more changes come along, these will be rare collectibles".