• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Buyers, you can no longer receive negative or neutral Feedback from sellers."

11 posts in this topic

I got the same message when I went to leave feedback for a buyer.

Looks like they made the "no negative" feedback rule retroactive. eBay had said they were not going to do this, but (surprise) they lied. Guess I'll have to give positive feedback to that deadbeat bidder of mine. :shrug:

At least they recalculated my feedback score and gave me close to 1,000 more positive feedbacks. That'll help offset all the crackpots.

I got the same message today, also. It is so like Ebay to treat such an important issue with such an insidious rule. Anyone receiving poor service(buyer or seller) should be able to leave negative feedback as a warning for others and a message to the seller/buyer. To do this is like the gun laws which remove guns from people with integrity and not the criminals. Typical.

Jim

As a buyer in good standing I can see where this rule makes sense. If I was a deadbeat I can see where this rule is wrong. I guess they're trying.

Of course I'm an optimist at heart. I used to be a cynic but it just hurt too much.

I may discontinue my feedback giving completely.

yep! i think ive done quite enough to show i dont rip people off so im not worried about recieving any :P

"At least they recalculated my feedback score and gave me close to 1,000 more positive feedbacks. That'll help offset all the crackpots."

The calculation for your percentage is only based on the last 12 months worth of feedbacks.

That extra 1,000 won't help with that calculation unless they were mostly from the past 12 months.

In fact, in checking, you have 3,447 overall feedbacks but only 1,382 in the last 12 months.

A negative would kill your 100% current feedback and give you a slightly lower percentage than it would have done so before the change.

As a buyer in good standing I can see where this rule makes sense. If I was a deadbeat I can see where this rule is wrong. I guess they're trying.

Of course I'm an optimist at heart. I used to be a cynic but it just hurt too much.

Deadbeats should be drawn and quartered, stoned by the public, keelhauled, buried in a mound of fire ants, hung, shot and then put to death.

However, it is nice to know that sellers will have no reason not to leave me positive feedback as soon as I have lived up to my end of the deal and paid them promptly. Of course, if the seller happens to be one of those who could care less about leaving anyone positive feedback, even when they have already received theirs, then they should be treated just like the deadbeat as I have outlined above.

Chris

It costs me about $80 in fixed overhead per month and 8.4% in variable selling cost on average to operate an ebay store - this includes both ebay and paypal fees. Overall, I have to make 12.8% just to break even.

I work hard to operate a good, tight ship and my FB Score is currently 1247 with a 100% Pos rating. I have been selling on ebay since 1998 but this new feedback policy has me concerned.

You could always send his wife photos of his girlfriend, or send his girlfriend photos of his boyfriend.

Chris

I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop: "Sellers, you can no longer receive negative or neutral feeback from Buyers." At that point, feedback will finally be completely useless, eBay can stick it's head the rest of the way up it's own and continue pretending that all is well. Won't it be lovely?