• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grades for the 1910 Half Dollar?

10 posts in this topic

Continuing my quest....I understand coins range from 1-65+ in grades. Anyone want to take a guess where this one would fall? Thanks.

1910HalfDollar.jpg

1910HalfDollarBC.jpg

This is a VG8 though some might aggressively grade the piece as a VG10. Barber half dollars are actually fairly tough to find with any real meat on them, so this is likely better than the average extant piece for the series.

Laurel leaves are too flat and the S mint mark shows flattening on half the letter. I would G-4 at the most.

Scott :hi:

I would go with VG-10, because E PLURIBUS UNUM is fully readable on this "type 2" reverse hub.

If it were a "type 1" hub, the coin could possibly push F-12.

This is all assuming "today's" grading standards.

I also would say VG-8. Nice enough looking coin. It would make F-12 if LIBERTY was almost complete, according to the new 2009 Redbook and the ANA grading guide. I think it's a bit short of a VG 10.

RI AL

I would agree with VG10 because of good detail, considering the series. Additionally, the 1910-S Barber half dollar is a pretty scarce date in any higher grade.