• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AERO coins

5 posts in this topic

I dont want this to turn into anything political ( thats not the intent). I was on ebay and I saw coins ( concept coins) for the possible AUERO or AERO coins. ( North American Union. ) Now Im pretty sure this is just a gag coin and a joke. But is there any truth that these coins are more than somone's idea of a joke. ?? If it is a joke Im impressed by the quality of the design but just was wondering I saw people paying upwards of 70.00 for a coin and was wondering was there anything to it.. I think the ebay id was leafyear if you want to check out the coins for youself. Like I said i saw them and was like huh.

They are private fantasy tokens produced by a board member who has made dozens of different designs ranging from serious "concept" fantasy dollar pieces to parody State Quarter mockups. He also has had a hand in at least two of the real designs for the State Quarter series and I think these were the designs for NY and RI. They are produced as fantasy pieces for his own profit.

I don't know who owns the website linked to by Coindude, but Daniel Carr is the designer of the fantasy pieces and his website is here.