• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Using 5 free NGC EarlyBirds: can mix NCS and non-NCS submissions?

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am interested in getting a paid membership to submit to all three NCS, NGC and PMG. I have a question about the use of the coupon for 5 free NGC submissions and the interaction with NCS, hopefully someone can help me out.

I understand that the coupon has to be used with all 5 coins at one time. I have 2 coins I would like NCS to conserve and then pass to NGC for grading, and I have 3 others I would like to have graded, but I'm not sure there is anything NCS could do with them (maybe clean a small fingerprint) from my estimation, I could be wrong and maybe there is some conserving they could do.

My question is: since the coupon has to have all the coins at once, could I submit them all to NCS with instructions that all are to be graded by NGC, but only one or two specific coins are to be conserved? Or will I need to go ahead and have NCS look at all of them and pay the 1% examination fee for all 5 anyway, even if they don't see anything to be done?

Thanks!

My understanding is that only the grading fees are being waived so any other fees would be extra.I just don't know if NGC would allow you to do it this way or if you have certain procedures for doing it.I would either contact NGC by phone,email or here on the Forums by sending the question to "Ask NGC".

Right, I don't expect the NCS fees to be waived. I was just wondering if, to make full use of the 5 free NGC submissions that have to be sent at the same time, I could submit them all to NCS for later passing to NGC while only doing conservation on one or two of them.

As I understand it, you would need all 5 coins to be submitted for conservation. So you'd need to pay the $5 minimum evaluation fee for the 3 coins that you don't want conserved. However, NCS very well might decide to conserve those coins and charge you the $15 minimum for each.

ncs wont work with the coin unless asked to, so i get if we were to send them to ncs and there are 2/5 that need the ncs they will do those and then send it on. this is only what i get out of it and am sending my first ncs next week :) so it would help to know :)

Since you have one year to use the coupon, why not wait until you have five to submit directly to NGC? Go ahead and submit to NCS those that you've determined need conservation before being passed along to NGC.

In case you don't already know, if you complete the online submission form for NGC, you get a 10% discount. I can't remember if this discount also applies to NCS? Anybody?

Chris