• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your most UNUSUAL Toned Coin!

42 posts in this topic

First of all such beautiful coins and toning everyone. I do not have much of a collection of nice "naturally toned coins" let alone "unusual". But thought I would share these two, the first of course is not NT but it was cheap and interesting, the second one is NT but (god forbid) from the third world, please forgive me. It sat in a desk drawer for several years and this was the result, have no idea what was or was not in the air there.

Rey

1993ASEObv-1.jpg

]

Rey this obverse looks like a Tornado. :headbang:

Kinda unique. :grin:

Hey Bob,

That is a great toned proof Buffalo. I also now know at least one of the people who outbid me on that coin. I needed a proof Buffalo for my type set, but no worries. I picked up a satin proof at the central states sale

BuffaloNickel1936NGCPR67SatinObvers.jpgBuffaloNickel1936NGCPR67SatinRevers.jpg

Hey Bob,

That is a great toned proof Buffalo. I also now know at least one of the people who outbid me on that coin. I needed a proof Buffalo for my type set, but no worries. I picked up a satin proof at the central states sale

BuffaloNickel1936NGCPR67SatinObvers.jpgBuffaloNickel1936NGCPR67SatinRevers.jpg

Ah ha, so you're the reason the price got so jacked up. :P I'm looking for a 36 Satin now myself. Looks like you came out very well. Yours has some great color to it.

:roflmao: Yeah, I didn't bid anywhere near the sale price, but I did bid over retail price. That coin must really be something in hand to have generated that much spirited bidding.

I really like the satin proof that I picked up. The toning is very delicate but extremely attractive.

Do you know the story behind Bruce's 1859-O, Lehigh?

No I don't. I don't know much at all about Seated Liberty coinage. What is the mystery about this coin. Don't keep me in the dark, thats not nice. :pullhair: