• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

22k Stamps? Have you seen them?

11 posts in this topic

This may be a little OT but we don't have a stamp forum.

I got in the mail a 24k gold stamp from the "Postal Commemorative Society". It came in an envelope that is First Day Issue, with an opening to the left showing the 24k stamp in a plastic case. The upper right-hand corner is a regular stamp of the same design. Then it comes with a little postcard like that tells you about the design. For instance, this one is of Tennesee. Is anyone familiar with these. They cost 6.85 ea + .80 s&h. My wife likes them and was wondering if they are worth collecting. I will probably get them anyway for her. Thanks for any help.

BTW, they also sent a voucher to have a free album to store them in. It looks like a large Dansco. They send about 2 each month and I can cancel at anytime. Do ya'll have any opinions on these or has anyone sen them before?

Stamp018.jpg

Stamp020.jpg

I have sold tons of these on eBay, and apparently, there is absolutely NO secondary market for them.

I didn't think so james. My wife does like them so I guess I'll let them come in anyway. BTW, mind if I ask what you sell/sold them for? thanks!

Wife used to work at Post office years ago and has a set of these somewhere. hm:grin: (thumbs u

From what the paperwork claims, these are an on-going thing. From Classic cars, hollywood stars, disney, etc.. She likes the Disney ones.

i have the xmas ones somewhere, there was something on the rounds of cartoon,cars,american heroes,.....

As you can see from the one WoodenJefferson posted these things go back thirty years, possibly longer. (Think about that, 30 years times twelve months times two per month means there could be 720 different ones out there.)

Are they worth collecting? Sure! if you like them. Just don't expect them to increase in value. But as a fun hobby I don't see any reason not to collect them. Frankly it would probably be something of a challenge to try and track down as many of the older ones as you could. As the say, the fun is in the hunt!

just a thaught. how much would it take to = a ounce.

First off, Thanks Woody. My wife says Thank you!!

Conder, thanks for the words and it will be an endeavor as long as she wants me too!

Ant, these things are merely 22k gold foil. I would presume it would take quite a few. lol