• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I finally got what I deserved from Ebay - suspended account for "feedback abuse"

35 posts in this topic

I admit that on more than one occasion, I intentionally ignored Ebay's rules and bid on items with the intention winning them and leaving negative feedback, in order to warn others about scams, counterfeits, etc. And I therefore deserved to be suspended for doing so. However, I wish that Ebay would take action against more of the scammers, too.

Most recently the seller I mentioned here knowingly (in my opinion) listed/sold numerous counterfeits. Ebay has removed the negative feedback I left for him, but thus far, not taken any action with respect to his listings. And that is despite the fact that several people reported him for selling counterfeits. I did what I could for as long as I could and got what I deserved. ;)

I totally agree. You completely had that coming. ;) It would have been completely preposterous for you to expect, oh... I don't know, a "Thank you?"

Well Mark, as you well know, that seller is bringing them a lot more money than you paid them to buy the item... so tisk tisk on you. Lately, I find myself bored with ebay and haven't purchased coins there like I used to. Plus now with them trying to force you to use paypal so they can dip even more, that's just not right. When that happens, I'll be looking elsewhere altogether for my coin business.

martyrdom

One entry found.

martyrdom

Main Entry: mar·tyr·dom Pronunciation: \ˈmär-tər-dəm\ Function: noun Date: before 12th century

1 : the suffering of suspension on account of adherence to a cause and especially to the rules as set forth in e-bay 2 : affliction, torture

If you bought the item, isn't it your right to leave negative feedback? Why did they remove it, and then remove you? I don't get it.
I won the item so that I could leave negative feedback, and that is understandably against Ebay rules. As a result Ebay suspended me, which resulted in the removal of the negative feedback I'd left.

Mark you can't save the world--people need to learn from their mistakes---A free lesson is soon forgotten--If enough people get taken from these Ethief web auctions maybe people will learn --not. Hope he isn't selling any $2000.00 coins-- sometime a loss is a learning experience only when it's experienced

Mark you can't save the world--people need to learn from their mistakes---A free lesson is soon forgotten--If enough people get taken from these Ethief web auctions maybe people will learn --not. Hope he isn't selling any $2000.00 coins-- sometime a loss is a learning experience only when it's experienced
John, I agree in part. One problem is that unfortunately, many of these buyers won't find out for months or years that they have bought counterfeits, or in other cases, horribly over-graded coins.

If you bought the item, isn't it your right to leave negative feedback? Why did they remove it, and then remove you? I don't get it.
I won the item so that I could leave negative feedback, and that is understandably against Ebay rules. As a result Ebay suspended me, which resulted in the removal of the negative feedback I'd left.

I guess you misunderstand me. How do they know and differentiate between buying just so you can leave negatives, and buying and then leaving a negative? Unless of course you told them.

I guess you misunderstand me. How do they know and differentiate between buying just so you can leave negatives, and buying and then leaving a negative? Unless of course you told them.

Sorry for the confusion. I left negative feedback immediately after winning the item, in order to warn others. So it was obvious what my motives were. At least I received a thank you from an Ebay'er who was about to bid on a counterfeit, but refrained after seeing the feedback.

You should have created an E-Bay ID specifically for leaving the negative feedback, that way when they suspended you, you could still bid on items you actually wanted using your actual account. Create a new ID called THECOINPOLICE, do the same thing and see how long it takes them to boot you out again.

I left negative feedback immediately after winning the item, in order to warn others. So it was obvious what my motives were.

Plead insanity. Point to your paying $900 for a Popeye wind-up toy. They'll let you back on immediately after seeing that. :hi:

Mark, did the scammer offer a return privilege? If so, then that is where you made your mistake. You should have taken delivery of the coin, first, and then contacted the seller immediately requesting a full refund because it was counterfeit. Then after you got your refund, you should have left him positive feedback something like this:

Returned coin to seller for full refund because it was counterfeit.

If he gets enough "positive" feedback like that, people may begin to wonder.

Suppose that he had refused to give you a full refund. Then, you would have grounds to file a complaint with eBay/PayPal for fraud, and they would have to listen because you were cheated out of the money. Well, maybe they would have to listen.

Chris

Mark, did the scammer offer a return privilege? If so, then that is where you made your mistake. You should have taken delivery of the coin, first, and then contacted the seller immediately requesting a full refund because it was counterfeit. Then after you got your refund, you should have left him positive feedback something like this:

Suppose that he had refused to give you a full refund. Then, you would have grounds to file a complaint with eBay/PayPal for fraud, and they would have to listen because you were cheated out of the money. Well, maybe they would have to listen.

Chris

Chris, if I had done that, I wouldn't have been able to warn bidders about other counterfeit listings that were closing within minutes of the item I "won".

Mark Feld-- The original bad boy of numismatics!

He does tend to stir up controversy and such wherever he goes, doesn't he? But then, I think he wears it like the mantle of a king, he's very proud of it.

Chris

Chris, if I had done that, I wouldn't have been able to warn bidders about other counterfeit listings that were closing within minutes of the item I "won".

I realize that, but darn it Mark, as nice a guy as you are, you can't protect everyone.

Chris

I admit that on more than one occasion, I intentionally ignored Ebay's rules and bid on items with the intention winning them and leaving negative feedback, in order to warn others about scams, counterfeits, etc. And I therefore deserved to be suspended for doing so. However, I wish that Ebay would take action against more of the scammers, too.

Most recently the seller I mentioned here knowingly (in my opinion) listed/sold numerous counterfeits. Ebay has removed the negative feedback I left for him, but thus far, not taken any action with respect to his listings. And that is despite the fact that several people reported him for selling counterfeits. I did what I could for as long as I could and got what I deserved. ;)

ebay.gifB4-1.gif36_2_59.gif307156sn2hc9lw2y-1.gif

Mark, you are a man after my own heart. I have done my best to follow behind you on each Ebay counterfeit scam and be as big a pest to the seller and to Ebay as I can be. They have threatened me and removed postings that I have made on their site. However, I am small potatoes to them and just a flea bite on their ankle. They have not suspended me but I don't care. Keep up the good work. I am very good at vituperative letters and creative, humorous harrassment. If I can help in some way, please let me assist you. Thanks,

Sincerly, Charlie

Having a legal background you should know that laws are written to protect the guilty.

Just set up another account and keep going after them.

Well done and welcome to the "banned" gang lol Ps if you are bothered i have a back door way back on !! (tsk)

Chris

Never send money to a known scammer. If he knowingly sells fakes, he's the type of guy to keep your money and not send the coin or to not give a refund upon a return. That's a high price to pay to make planned negative feedback justifiable.

WH

And how many people actually read the positive feedback? I don't bother checking out feedback unless I see a bunch of negatives...

Well if it's any consolation. I'm living testament to the education you've provided by reporting counterfits, and just as important, explaining how you made the determination.

Well if it's any consolation. I'm living testament to the education you've provided by reporting counterfits, and just as important, explaining how you made the determination.

That's great to hear - thank you! (thumbs u

That's great to hear - thank you! (thumbs u

:golfclap:

Speaking of EBay. I went to leave feed back for a Seller today and got a message before I was directed to the area that " You can no longer leave negative feed back for a seller".