• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post Your Favorite Toners!

82 posts in this topic

I wish I could, but Sy (Skyman) and Ron (Newmismatist) have all of my favorites. Perhaps if Ron is around, he will be kind enough to post his MS68 Rainbow Morgan for us once again. Do you still have it, Ron?

Chris

He doesn't have it anymore...he sold it to a fellow collector of outstanding Toned coins Sunnywood...aka Doug (thumbs u

The Comet morganII.jpg

This is not my coin, but one of my all time favorite toners. I bring it out of photobucket once per year.

WOW! :cloud9: WoodenJefferson, that Morgan is gorgous. I've never seen toning like that through the face.

Almost looks AT in the Comet tail. I'm sure thats one of a kind. hm

I don't know if I have a favorite toned coin and since I have more Morgans than any other series, I guess I should start there. Instead of one, I will post my favorite from each mint (P,S & O only).

MorganDollar1886NGCMS65.jpgMorganDollar1886NGCMS65ObverseHo-1.jpg

PHILADELPHIA: This is one of my favorites because it is a classic bag toned Morgan. The color progression is fabulous as are the surfaces and luster.

MorganDollar1881-SNGCMS66338136-003.jpgMorganDollar1881-SNGCMS66338136--1.jpg

SAN FRANCISCO: Although I have higher graded 81-S Morgans, this one has an absolutely stunning unique toning pattern. It is almost like two coins in one. This coin always makes me think of college football. The obverse reminds me of the green and gold of Notre Dame and the reverse reminds me of the Florida Gators. My photos are OK, but no photos can really do this coin justice, it really needs to be seen in hand for full appreciation.

MorganDollar1883-ONGCMS64Star154049.jpgMorganDollar1883-ONGCMS64Star154-1.jpg

NEW ORLEANS: I have posted this coin before, but never with my own images. I did my best to capture the vivid nature of the toning. This coin is spectacular and by far my favorite "O" mint Morgan.

Enjoy!

WOW! :cloud9: WoodenJefferson, that Morgan is gorgous. I've never seen toning like that through the face.

Almost looks AT in the Comet tail. I'm sure thats one of a kind. hm

Let me irritate, that is not my Morgan Silver Dollar, I only can wish, the owner escapes me for the moment, perhaps someone else knows…but that is what true canvas “textured textile” mint bag toning looks like.

It’s just my favorite and I want everyone else who has not seen a coin of this nature to appreciate a rarity.

I know who owns "The Comet" and you can find images of the coin on Andy Kimmel's website, though Andy does not own the coin.

(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)

I wish I could give those little guys towels so they could wipe the drool off my computer screen. Phenomenal coins, phenomenal toning, phenomenal photography. That 1879 Morgan is a dream.

:cloud9:

Uh oh, I think I am on monster toned Morgan Dollar overload! I have to post something other than a Morgan. How about a Buffalo.

BuffaloNickel1936NGCMS67Large.jpgBuffaloNickel1936NGCMS67Holder.jpg

Welcome to the forums! :) May your journey be a good one. Knowledge is key!!! Super coins guy's!!!!!!!!!! I collect Lincoln Cents and Classic Commems. Here are my favorites in each series:

1955Dlincolnobv.jpg

1955Dlincolnrev.jpg

arkansasobv.jpg

arkansasrev.jpg

Last coin looks to be AT? What type of slab is it in? hm

Here's a few Lincolns from mint sets. - Lets see some toned Lincolns if you got them :popcorn:

centt.jpg

57cent1.jpg

Sorry about the poor quality pics..

1957d-2.jpg

1957d-REV2.jpg

MPL's? That 16 is way too clean to be a business strike, I'm assuming the rest are as well.

Yes, Bob is a notorious (or is that notable?) collector of MPLs.