• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post Your Favorite Toners!

82 posts in this topic

I'm new to the Threads, and wanting to get my feet wet with my first topic. :acclaim:

Post your Favorites, which I know can sometimes be hard so....

- One of favorite toners, straight from a 58 mint set. I really need to re-image, but you get the picture lol

58-dmintset-1.jpg

58-dobv-1.jpg

Jon,

Welcome again, it is always nice to have another toning freak join the board. Since you like 50's mint sets, I dug up the best I have to offer. Unfortunately this coin is extremely difficult to image so I am posting an image by Heritage, pretty good for their standards. Here it is, a monster Frankie.

FranklinHalfDollarNGCMS67StarCAC.jpgPicture912.jpgPicture917.jpg

Good luck with your first thread, Paul

I don't have a favorite, they vary over time. However, since you posted a '58-D Washie, I'll post a couple of coins from '58 so yours doesn't feel lonely.

Washington58_65RevSm.jpg

Washington58_65Obv.jpg

Roosevelt58D_66FBobv2.jpg

Roosevelt58D_66FBRev.jpg

WOW! (worship) Brovo! Lehigh96, Now thats a beauty escpecially with that grade!!! I Love it :luhv:

Here's the 58-d Frankie that was in the same set as the 58-d quarter.

Need to re-image as the entire reverse is nicely toned, with the rim rainbow going all the way to the right on the bell and mostly green toning on and around the bell with alot of luster.

P3130254-1.jpg

58-dHalf-1.jpg

Nice Skyman! Nature is an amazing Artist :golfclap:

And here's the dime from same set :D Same coin, My reverse image is to blurry

dime2-1.jpg

dime1-1.jpg

Jon,

I have posted this coin several times in these forums, but it is my favorite toned coin that I own. I found it in a West Texas coin shop for AU money.

Unfortunately I just determined today that this coin is no longer in my possession. It appears that my soon to be ex, has pilfered several coins out of my collection with this one being one of them. It breaks my heart but I still consider myself the owner, since she has no idea what to do with it.

ARGGGGHHHHH

Rey

rb1936lio.jpg

rb1936lir.jpg

Jon,

I have posted this coin several times in these forums, but it is my favorite toned coin that I own. I found it in a West Texas coin shop for AU money.

Unfortunately I just determined today that this coin is no longer in my possession. It appears that my soon to be ex, has pilfered several coins out of my collection with this one being one of them. It breaks my heart but I still consider myself the owner, since she has no idea what to do with it.

ARGGGGHHHHH

Rey

rb1936lio.jpg

rb1936lir.jpg

Kill the "Beep" :devil:

Ahh, its impossible to pick just one. I collect Franklins, so that's mostly what I'll show you. The top one came from Shane. I spent an hour and took a hundred shots of it, but none of them were as good as his (the third picture is mine). The dime I got for $2, I was very happy with that. The last one I got from jgrinz.

57983-1958MintSet2018.jpg.50d27dd2053196e79ffe5185036bf81b.jpg

57984-1958MintSet2020.jpg.b82394133100f3e945445378bd47a3a4.jpg

57985-alt1958.jpg.f2dc93d669b5977c0829179d1dac157b.jpg

57986-JPA742obverse1.jpg.dc51f918d598e18be5be2224fd2aeecd.jpg

57987-JPA737obverse.JPG.2580ff75b357437079e9cd9c41aa5aae.JPG

57988-JPA754obverse.jpg.a112bb1a38e727d4ffaaf744bc80389a.jpg

Yes, Kryptonite has the camera skills, no doubt about that. I was trying to uncover his secrets.

This is another mint set 57d quarter. The toning is neon colored and very colorful when the light hits it right. :juggle:

57dquart.jpg

57dquarter2-1.jpg

57dquarrev-1.jpg

Showed this in another post but I re-sized it and presto (shrug)

57d-dime1d-1.jpg

57d-dime1rev_edited-1.jpg

I wish I could, but Sy (Skyman) and Ron (Newmismatist) have all of my favorites. Perhaps if Ron is around, he will be kind enough to post his MS68 Rainbow Morgan for us once again. Do you still have it, Ron?

Chris

Thank you Rey. While I have taken pictures of at least a hundred of what would be my favorite toners, 99.5% of them aren't mine. :P

Here's one of my few for Bobby (bsshog40 ) and another repeat....where do you people get such great coins?

1936Texasobv.jpg

1936Texasrev.jpg

Ray

That's a beauty ray. I plan on getting me one of these TX Comms one day.

I've got about a bazillion, but don't want to bore the bejeesus out of everyone with them so here is the Washington quarter I use as my avatar along with my single Morgan dollar-

H1952SP66.jpg

H1952SP66R.jpg

J1881SP64.jpg

J1881SP64R.jpg