• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My token collection

31 posts in this topic

They are in no particular order. They consist of Civil War tokens, Hard Times Tokens,

Store Cards and a few others thrown in for good (fun factor)measure.

I think that I have a broad spectrum and a good representative of this era.

I tell myself that I am almost finished but I may never be finished ;)

Some are graded, most are raw.

Thanks for letting me share them with you and if you see something that you would

like to comment on I would love to hear it.

Even though I have collected them I am still learning.

Stefanie

tokens-3.jpg

TokenswallpaperII.jpg

TokenswallpaperIII-1.jpg

tokensIV.jpg

Outstanding!Incredible! Amazing!

What a quality collection. I especially like the Santa Clause. Awesome! :applause:

The Brooklyn Hebrew Home and Hospital for the Aged, still exists, you know.

Serious??? I was looking with no luck.Do you have any other info?

Stefanie

Lovely looking set, Stefanie! :applause: I particularly like the political ones with the asses (mules/donkeys?) on them.

Beautiful set of tokens!

Mike... yes it does but not at the location on the token. I remember it being near Maimonides Hospital near Fort Hamilton Parkway when I was visiting an elderly relative there. Just a second, let me look it up (Jeopardy music playing in the background)...

Yes, the Brooklyn Hebrew Home and Hospital for the Aged is currently located on 10th Ave between 50th and 49th next to the Maimonides Medical Complex off of Fort Hamilton Parkway in Brooklyn. Since the facility has moved, I would consider it an obsolete token... if that was your comment. :sumo:

Scott :hi:

Serious??? I was looking with no luck.Do you have any other info?

Stefanie

google it as the whole name

I don't have any other info on it. I was curious because I went to school in Brooklyn.

Beautiful set of tokens!

Mike... yes it does but not at the location on the token. I remember it being near Maimonides Hospital near Fort Hamilton Parkway when I was visiting an elderly relative there. Just a second, let me look it up (Jeopardy music playing in the background)...

Yes, the Brooklyn Hebrew Home and Hospital for the Aged is currently located on 10th Ave between 50th and 49th next to the Maimonides Medical Complex off of Fort Hamilton Parkway in Brooklyn. Since the facility has moved, I would consider it an obsolete token... if that was your comment. :sumo:

Scott :hi:

there we have it!

I lived on Fort Hamilton for a short time, but near the Verrazzano Bridge.

What a combination :) Outstanding tokens with outstanding images. :applause: Thanks for a terrific presentation. :cool: Now I need to go dig out my HTT's and imagine what they would look like displayed like yours :boo:

Hi, Stefanie :hi:

I enjoyed your collection of tokens very much! :cloud9:

You have a fantastic assortment with interesting subjects for the tokens. I spent a very long time viewing them, thank you for sharing with us.

AAJ :grin:

EZ, a Yankee token? I'm impressed.

But notice the catfish. That overrules the yankee tones and makes it acceptable in a southern man's eyes, don't you know? :devil:

Well, I received another in yesterday's mail. I haven't had a chance to look up the number on it.

I guess I will try later.

I also have a number of Condor tokens coming soon and will post those.

If anyone recognizes the number on this please let me know.

Stefanie

1837ShinPlaters.jpg

I just acquired a token I've never seen before and I only have the pic the seller used and it's only one side of the token, so I have no idea what's on the other side. I will post better pics, once it arrives, to include the missing side.

caltokensb7.jpg

Ribbit :)

Ps: Awesome tokens, Stefanie! (thumbs u

Well, I received another in yesterday's mail. I haven't had a chance to look up the number on it.

Stefanie

1837ShinPlaters.jpg

HTT-56, Low 45. Rarity 1

Here's one that I've had since I was a kid that's never been imaged.

This is very interesting piece from a very interesting merchant. Before Coca-Cola and well before Pepsi came along, Mathews was one of the early soft drink promoters. Mathews did not bottle soda and sell it; he made the devices that were used to make it. Mathews also produced counters where soft drink store owners could seat and serve their patrons.

This is the Civil War Mathews piece. He also issued other tokens after the war. I’ll have to go through my collection to find the other Mathews piece that I own. More than a decade ago I wrote an article about Mathews for “The Civil War Token Journal.”

Stefanie

HTT-56, Low 45. Rarity 1

Thanks Bill :grin:

Stefanie

I received this but it looks like it was dug up..oh well :(

1837ABVANCOTTtoken.jpg

and this one is on its way to me. It looks like a fun one.

storecard.jpg