• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My First NGC Submission Results Just Posted...

12 posts in this topic

While I've submitted ATS for about 2 years this was my first (and won't be last) submission to NGC. The decision was due to the fact that I had purchased a raw SC$ in a Heritage Auction and wanted it certified.

I used the 5 free submission certificate and in addition to the SC$ I picked out some low end but nice original pieces from my 1853 collection. One thing I've learned in the last 2 years is that it is harder than you'd think to get low grade seated stuff to avoid body bags as many of these coins have been cleaned at one time or another. The 5th coin was just a filler to give to my daughter as she already has the gold one from the set certified.

Here's the results and my comments on each...

LineItem Year Mint Mark Variety/Pedigree Denom. Proof Grade Strike Char Comments

001 1892 IL HK-222 LIBERTY HEAD HIGH RELIEF SC$1 PF 66 ULTRA CAMEO (real happy with this)

002 1853 O ARR & RAYS 50C VG 10 (I thought 15... stricter than last PCGS submission)

003 1853 ARROWS 10C VF 20 ( prolly right on)

004 1853 ARROWS H10C VF 35 (better than I expected, thought 30)

005 1987 S CONSTITUT S$1 PF 69 ULTRA CAMEO (I didn't care what this one did)

I'm real happy with the SC$ as I really had no basis from which to form an opinion on it, other than it looked very clean in hand.

This made my Friday a whole lot better :grin:

HK-222 LIBERTY HEAD HIGH RELIEF SC$1 PF 66 ULTRA CAMEO (real happy with this)

What a score! That will bring some big bucks on ebay.

The A&R all sound like good coins as well. A big double thumbs up! (thumbs u (thumbs u