• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thanks Brian Greer: Two scarce pieces at once! (an 1855 & 1871)

10 posts in this topic

Here's a couple of nice upgrades for my 2-3 cent collection:

The 1855 3CS still has a bit of luster to it with some slight bluish and reddish toning. It also comes with some obvious die clashes. With the exception of around the obverse bottom-right quadrant, the coin is pretty well struck. It's nice to see all the shield details on an 1855.

The 1871 2¢ has only the faintest traces of wear and an average strike. This year can come with a poor strike but I'm pretty satisfied with this one overall.

18553CS-AU-Obverse.jpg18553CS-AU-Reverse.jpg

18712-CentAU-Obverse.jpg18712-CentAU-Reverse.jpg

Like them both. The 1855, Type I, 3CS has a good strike on the star and the reverse detail. I like the two cent as well.

Nice coins, both come from years of low production compared to some the other years for each series and are hard to come across in any shape, and here's a pair of really good lookers...

The trime is my favorite for having both cool toning and some very well defined die clashes. (thumbs u