• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Economic Stimulus Payments

90 posts in this topic

[font:Comic Sans MS]Well, I went online to pay a bill this morning and when I logged into my account

I had more money then I thought I should. I check the deposits and sure enough I got my $600 refund.

I am a happy camper.....

I went into my coin room and I know have 53 coins ready to go off to NGC thursday morning.

How do you plan to spend the money?[/font]

I didn't get as much as you, but I went out today and bought 3 pairs of shoes all made somewhere in Southeast Asia, I really hope that boosts the economy!

We wound up changing banks since our tax refund, so ours will be rejected from the direct deposit, then placed into the mailing status for July.

We wound up changing banks since our tax refund, so ours will be rejected from the direct deposit, then placed into the mailing status for July.

I am July also arggg ... Going to get ripped too

My $600

Wife didnt work enough to earn full alotment $218

1 child $300

1 child 17 $0

arggg Thought I was getting 1800 .... but alas nooooooo

Let that be a lesson, never change banks! I've had the same account since 1999, even though I've moved from Portland to Seattle to Podunk Indiana! Thank you direct deposit and ATMs!

Let that be a lesson, never change banks! I've had the same account since 1999, even though I've moved from Portland to Seattle to Podunk Indiana! Thank you direct deposit and ATMs!

Sorry doesn't help kids growing up arrgggghhhh

I fall into that strange category that's older than 17 but was still claimed on my parent's return last year, so I don't get anything. It doesn't really matter, cause the whole things a scam anyways.

Nope, no funds yet even though I electronically filed and had direct deposit. :sorry:

Still goes by social so I think they said ALL direct Deposits will be completed this week

Nope, no funds yet even though I electronically filed and had direct deposit. :sorry:

Still goes by social so I think they said ALL direct Deposits will be completed this week

You are correct Mike. I don't care if I have to wait til July. They say you can't miss what you don't have.

I am on a quest for my 1916 D Winged Liberty Dime, so any monies received will go to that fund, already earmarked for it.

Rey

Mine will go into the rest of my accounts. I had my budget planned out in December/January for 2008, and I don't really plan on adding anything "big" to it. Possibilities for what I'll psychologically include it in are:

• Bought a new desktop computer in February (replaced an outgoing 2001 model). Budget was $4.5k for it but spent $5.2k.
  • I'm buying either a $1200 or $1700 camera lens (70-200 mm f/2.8L either with or without IS for those of you who do photography), and this could tip me to the IS (the more expensive version).
  • Was planning on buying 2 of the First Spouses this year (the two xxx's Liberty), but with gold prices up, these will probably be about $400-500 more than I initially budgeted.
  • Considering buying a KitchenAid mixer at Costco. $100 from grandparents for my birthday, and possible contributions from parents for the balance, but otherwise this would go to that.

• Bought a new desktop computer in February (replaced an outgoing 2001 model). Budget was $4.5k for it but spent $5.2k.

I hope you bought a Mac! :devil:

Not to be a party pooper, but whatever you get, be prepared to deduct that amount from your refund next year. If you have to pay, be prepared to pay it back to the government. This is the same as the "rebates" following 9/11. Sorry! :boo:

Yes, I'm :censored: over this. My wife and I do not qualify to receive any money. And with the price of gas, I can use the money now rather than later. :frustrated:

I'm still buying, regardless of this situation. I am looking for specific items, so I am not just spending.

Scott :hi:

im going to spend mine on the rising prices of gas.

seems like since they know every1 has money the prices were corrected to show so :(

Free money for the college bound kids .. thats where it is going in DA BANK for now

:sorry: Not fair we get nothing in the uk .. and on the news last night petrol finally hit the £5/$10 a gallon d'oh! doh!

Whatever. I paid $35k in federal income tax for 2007. Do I get a rebate? Yeah, a big fat donut hole. Meanwhile people who paid NO tax get money back. Interesting dynamic there.

What complete and utter BS.

Whatever. I paid $35k in federal income tax for 2007. Do I get a rebate? Yeah, a big fat donut hole. Meanwhile people who paid NO tax get money back. Interesting dynamic there.

I feel your pain, my rebate was less than 3% of my total tax bill, so I would have gotten more back if I just put my tax bill on my cash rebate Visa card! At least my parents will get some of my money since they are both on social security and filed taxes for the first time in 5 years this year just to get their $600. That is the only silver lining for me!

My mom, who is in a retirement home, had a VERY GOOD year income wise because we sold a piece piece of land on her behalf. As a result she won't be getting any rebate despite the fact that she has paid income taxes all of her life. She has a once in a lifetime gain, and because of the timing, she will get no rebate. (shrug):frustrated:

That not true - You had to pay in a comparable sum to get back the rebate in this package. My Wife paid in in her part time job $218 and thats what she gets back - IF you paid of 35k in FED tax - You made too much money to really need it anyway :)