• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

REDO of 1880-s Morgan

13 posts in this topic

also what is that "film" looking stuff and are those marks next to her nose and behind her head contact or pvc?

You'd probably be better off including the new images in the original thread. Now your replies will be divided up between two different threads.

I can't tell from the images if the surfaces have been altered/artificially frosted or not, or how significant the abrasions are on on Liberty's cheek.

I think it needs conservation as well. This is unquestionably a coin to send to NCS, in my opinion. Well worth the submission fees.
"Unquestionably" ? As in before having someone examine it in person (hopefully for free) and providing helpful suggestions/options? I'll unquestionably vote strongly against "unquestionably", at least at this time. ;)

Not in a slab..I looked under 10x loupe and do not see the aforementioned scratch.

What is the reason to send to NCS?

Thanks

Not in a slab..I looked under 10x loupe and do not see the aforementioned scratch.

What is the reason to send to NCS?

Thanks

NCS would be a good route for this coin to make sure that isn't PVC on the Reverse. Anything above MS63 would be good for this and if NCS can make it better, than that's much better. Also, unless you have a scratch on your scanner, your pics above show a scratch on the OBV. Look at the star right under "E Pluribus Unum". There is a scratch that runs from the edge of the coin, all the way to the other side, Going right under liberty's eye.