• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rarities with errors

30 posts in this topic

You must be kidding me :) That is quite the impressive collection you have going there McKinley. And the 77 IHC is incredible. I am not worthy (worship)

This came in one of my subscription sets of Silver Proofs from the Mint.

Chris

PS. There is also the 2001-D Kennedy on my sig line which came out of a Mint bag.

57410-IMG_0398.JPG.628b1ac7623b7caa27c60a3d87fc1629.JPG

57411-IMG_0399.JPG.97d0e09f041d18288eaa7c4bab49c2b6.JPG

57412-IMG_1557.JPG.e96dec1a24ad6bfdcd9d7a88dca9b88a.JPG

no they're not mine... (tsk) this is a compilation of key dates that also happen to have errors.... not for like that quarter :makepoint:

Why, what's wrong with that SLQ?

Chris

wow. um, again.. this is about KEY DATES that ALSO have errors. why is this so difficult

i quit, enjoy page 1..

Your original post says nothing about key dates. If you're suggesting rarities, my Kennedy is 1-of-2 known. The Kansas 25c is 1-of-13 known. How many Wide AM Lincolns are out there? If you're going to change in midstream, I suggest that you supply everyone with buckets so that they can bail out.

Chris

no they're not mine... (tsk) this is a compilation of key dates that also happen to have errors.... not for like that quarter :makepoint:

Chris

According to Broadstruck ATS, the SLQ, just sold at Heritage for just under $11K with the juice. I can't image what those other key date errors would fetch. I'm sure plenty.

Chris

According to Broadstruck ATS, the SLQ, just sold at Heritage for just under $11K with the juice. I can't image what those other key date errors would fetch. I'm sure plenty.

the 23S is phoenominal.. if i were a STLQ freak, that'd be taking it to a new level.

yeah all that stuff is really nice.. double whammies

i got into it cuz i got the 99 wide am.. that one's mine :acclaim:

and ps.. the quarter i was referring to was the kansas one... rolls eyes* :grin:

and ok maybe not just keys but things that are rare as it is, and then have an error on top of that.. maybe top pops would count, but.. doesnt do much for me personally

Ok here are two more that I would place in the extreme rarity catagory. I have posted them here before but they seem to "fit" this thread. :)

This first coin is a pattern cent J151 listed as R6 in Judd (13-30 minted) but as a major error I am comfortable stating that it is unique.

J151_copy.jpg

The second coin is a territorial gold pattern struck in white metal and listed as R8 (2-3 minted) by Kagin. As an error (broadstruck out of collar and off center) it is likely to be unique.

Clark_Gruber_die_trial.jpg

and ps.. the quarter i was referring to was the kansas one... rolls eyes* :grin:

Oh, really? I would never have known. But, tell me, when was the last time you saw a buffalo with a horse's hoof stuck in it's arse? lol

Chris

PS. Actually, I was surprised when the submission posted online that it got 70UCAM.

Chris

This first coin is a pattern cent J151 listed as R6 in Judd (13-30 minted) but as a major error I am comfortable stating that it is unique.

so that's a pattern that's also off center? very nice. that definitley qualifies (thumbs u you're going deep (thumbs u (thumbs u

The second coin is a territorial gold pattern struck in white metal and listed as R8 (2-3 minted) by Kagin. As an error (broadstruck out of collar and off center) it is likely to be unique.

another pattern, intentionally struck in white metal.. that's broadstruck. has to be unique.. nice coin. (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u

Oh, really? I would never have known. But, tell me, when was the last time you saw a buffalo with a horse's hoof stuck in it's arse? lol

Chris

PS. Actually, I was surprised when the submission posted online that it got 70UCAM.

Chris

here's another one.. downs syndrome & a lack of payattentionable skills. double whammie :banana:^^

I guess I cant post anything

go crazy there schatzy.. but that error set you posted could be put in any error thread, or isnt there a whole section for errors?

i just dug though heritage and indiancent.org or whatevr.. and my harddrive, and picked selectively

go crazy there schatzy.. but that error set you posted could be put in any error thread, or isnt there a whole section for errors?

i just dug though heritage and indiancent.org or whatevr.. and my harddrive, and picked selectively

You first post a 1999 lincoln penny and then I post my 1999 lincoln pennies and you criticize me for posting my coins. There is something wrong with you.

I don't collect error coins at all, but I think they are cool and I like looking at them. I really like this thread that McKinley has started, but it has deteriorated because the OP refuses to clarify the theme of the thread. Therefore, I am going to try and clear it up myself.

The OP wants everyone to post a rarity (either key date or variety) that has then been error struck. The OP's original post is a 1999 Lincoln Cent (Wide AM Variety) that has then been broadstruck. I know nothing about Lincoln Cent varieties, but I assume that the Wide AM on the 1999 is rare. The following coins were then posted without objection

McKinley: 1909-S Lincoln Cent (key date) struck off center mint error

Bolier78: 1877 Indian Cent (key date) struck in silver fragment mint error--mega cool (worship)

McKinley: 3 1864-L Indian Cents (key date) broadstruck, double struck, off center mint errors

1909-S Indian Cent (key date) struck through mint error

1922 NO D (rare) struck through

and several more until

cpm9ball: 2005-S Kansas State Quarter. This coin is not rare. The error is a reverse die gouge on the bison. If the error makes the coin rare, it doesn't qualify. The coin must be a rarity without the error.

By the way, that is still a supremely cool coin Chris: (worship)

Also, Boiler, those patterns struck with errors are the coolest thing I have ever seen without toning. (worship)(worship)(worship)^^(worship)(worship)(worship)

You first post a 1999 lincoln penny and then I post my 1999 lincoln pennies and you criticize me for posting my coins. There is something wrong with you.

mine is a WIDE AM

yours were just regular ol 99's

pay attention better