• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BRAIN FOOD!!~~~~Thomas Jefferson~~~~FREE COINS!!

18 posts in this topic

[font:Comic Sans MS]Wanna have some fun!!

Please PM the answers, the first 6 people with the right answer will get FREE Jefferson Nickels SMS 2005 or 2006 in US mint cello!!

1) The rarest of all the Jefferson nickels is the ___________?

2) Thomas Jefferson died how many years after the Declaration of Independence and where?

3) Thomas Jefferson was the first president to wear this. What was it?

4) In 1915, which state's legislature proposed that the state be divided and a new state called Jefferson be created?

5) What did Thomas Jefferson smuggle out of Italy in 1784 to help boost America's post-revolution economy?

6) Who designed the Jefferson Nickel and what year was his initials added to the coin?

7) Monticello is the only private home in the United States of America that has been designated a ________ _________ _______ ?

8-10) Thomas Jefferson wished to be remembered for three achievements in his public life. Name all three, all three are also written on his tombstone.

I will post the answers when all the winners are determined!!

Good luck!! :)[/font]

Do we have to answer all 10 questions, or just one?

I know the answer to #2...

I know he died on my birthday, which was also his birthday, which was also the birthday of a certain country we live in.

All men are created equal.

All men are entitled to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

These were his words. Many others have used them after that including Lincoln.

Answers

1) 1942-S with reverse of 1941

2) 50 Years on the dot, in his house in Monticello

3) Invented the Pedometer, and first to wear one

4) Texas

5) Rice

6) Felix Schlag 1966

7) World Heritage Site

8-10) Declaration of Independence, Statute of Viriginia for Religious freedom, Father of the University of Viriginia