• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I didn't know Buffalos came in this color!

17 posts in this topic

Alright ya'll. I know I'm not very good with the difference between AT & NT, but this looks AT to me. I've never seen a buff with this type of coloring, especially on both Obv & Rev. Am I wrong??

Hog,

They must be just giving you a hard time. --jerry

I thought so lol, I just knew this had to be AT. of course I have seen some nice colors here that have questioned me though.

I don't know about the coloring, I am not a fan of toning. I wouldn't buy this coin just because of the toning.

As for the assessment of the grade, the horn is too flat and worn and the date is beginning to have issues. There is too much flatness on the high points. IMHO, this coin is no more than a VF!

Scott :hi:

Only the buffaloes hairdresser knows for sure... :gossip:

:roflmao:

Great Plains Hair Salon - Punk Rock hairdos are our specialty!

Chris

I've seen Mint State Buffalo nickels with this sort of color. Years ago I bought and sold a very nice 1919-S in MS-64 that had this kind of color. Still I've got my doubts about it on a circulated piece like this. I'd steer clear of it.

Actually I think the Color is NT but worked over to exaggerate it more.

I have a couple in my dansco that has HUES of the tones you see on this coin .. its just greatly 'retouched' I think ..