• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newp Overton help please

11 posts in this topic

Nice CBH, Ty. Looks like an O-109 small 8 to me, but their are many others far more savvy with this series than myself. Great to have you on the forum.

Jim

Did you just buy that on ebay? I was watching that but I don't have any coin money right now because I'm moving. Ugh! And I already packed my coin books so I'm no help on the Overton. Great looking coin though! I would have bought it if I'd had the money.

Thank you Jim..

Hey Winston, Thanks! Yes I just picked it up off of ebay. I am glad you didn't have the funds because then I would have had to pay more for it. ;) Best of luck on the move!

Very nice. Would probably grade it a VF 35, for it looks to be just a tad more worn than an XF.

Thanks guys!

Very nice. Would probably grade it a VF 35, for it looks to be just a tad more worn than an XF.

(thumbs u

img0852kh7.jpg

I checked Overton and the O-109, 1811 small 8 is the only variety with the dramatic crack from the S in STATES to the wing. Neither of the "large 8" varieties has that bold of a crack. It is present on O-103 but that is not nearly as pronounced.

Nice looking coin. RI AL