• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone do business with Don Rinkor Rare Coins?

11 posts in this topic

Earlier today I was on his site checking out some Morgans. Out of a dozen that I liked, I finally narrowed my choices to two, and I used the "Make Offer" button. It was my first time on his site, so I had to complete the personal info before it came to the actual offer. I assumed that once I completed this portion and hit the "Continue" button that I would be taken to the page where I would make my offer. To my surprise, I was thanked for my offer and it listed it as his full asking price.

I got on the phone immediately and explained the situation. He was very courteous, and he told me that it happens every once in a while. The offer was on his screen, and he asked how much it was supposed to be. He said he couldn't accept my offer, but he made a counteroffer that was still below his list price. So, I asked if he would knock off $25 more to which he agreed. On top of it, he even cut his shipping/insurance charge in half and I didn't even mention it.

I have to tell you that his demeanor was totally professional. I've had phone conversations with other dealers who would say something like, "Look, if you're just shopping a price, don't waste my time." Now, I'll admit that I made a lowball offer on these two Morgans, but his tenor never wavered. Here he is talking to someone he doesn't know from Adam, and his only goal was to turn it into something positive.

It's situations like this that make me feel good when I'm spending money.

Chris

I know Don Rinkor very well. Now this is hard for me to say but he truly is a great guy, for a dealer :). Not only has he been in business for quite some time and attends most major, national, and even small somewhat local shows..... but he also runs a very successful business that has nothing to do with coins.

Quite a few employees in his other business as well, and very busy.

He always has a smile on his face after all these years, very ethical, and I've not seen him whine like many other dealers do about the travel etc. I've seen him after long shows, he's in his shop Monday morning and nice to talk with. He may look tired at times but he sure don't whine and get grumpy and tell you how tough it is.

He's also got a good eye for many types of coins and we even agree most times.

OK, enough of that, now ask about a dealer I can slam, it is much easier for me. Hahaha

I know Don Rinkor very well. Now this is hard for me to say but he truly is a great guy, for a dealer :). Not only has he been in business for quite some time and attends most major, national, and even small somewhat local shows..... but he also runs a very successful business that has nothing to do with coins.

Quite a few employees in his other business as well, and very busy.

He always has a smile on his face after all these years, very ethical, and I've not seen him whine like many other dealers do about the travel etc. I've seen him after long shows, he's in his shop Monday morning and nice to talk with. He may look tired at times but he sure don't whine and get grumpy and tell you how tough it is.

He's also got a good eye for many types of coins and we even agree most times.

OK, enough of that, now ask about a dealer I can slam, it is much easier for me. Hahaha

Warning, Stman's account has obviously been compromised.

:grin:

Seriously, though, that's about as good of an endorsement as a coin dealer can get.