• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Latest addition Early $10 gold

14 posts in this topic

When I saw this I just had to have it. It's not super high grade, just used and abused. I can envision George Washington forking this over to Thomas Jefferson during a lively poker game. smile.gif

I think it is Taraszka-12 but i'm not sure. I don't have his book. Does anyone know?

589a8b4c4c4f1_296691-179710obv.JPG.712d0b7cb9721c60651c702e5bb67c7f.JPG

It's not super high grade, just used and abused.

Abused? In what way? Looks fine to me unless it has been cleaned/polished.

And it might not be high grade, but it does have a pleasant look to it (at least in the photos).

No Greg, that was just a figure of speech. The coin is completely original with just the usual smattering of ticks and dings. It was put away in the sixties and has just emerged into the slabbed world.

PS -- Thats quite a change in your avitar. shocked.gif

Chinook......now THAT coin would fit in my doomsday scenario.

You BET it would. In a heartbeat.

That is a nice coin. But I think it belonged to Aaron Burr and since he was a "traitor" you should dump it.

grin.gif

WHY did you post a picture? WHY?

dammit!

Looks to have bad mojo. Fortunately I know a good coinxorcist but she will only rattle her gourds for ME.

Take heed, Chinook, avoid future problems. Sell to me now......before it's too late.

Goomba goomba......see?

893frustrated.gif

Thanks for the kind words guys. I really blew my budget on this and a few others, but in the short time I have been collecting I have learned that regret is one of the hardest things to live with.

I first saw this coin about a year ago and passed on it. It has been eating at me since then. After reading one of TomB's posts a couple months ago, I knew I had to go back and get it. So, thanks TomB for the inspiration.

I think that it's great that these lower grade early gold coins are finally getting some respect. I'd much sooner have this piece than the "AU" coins in slabs that have had their surfaces stripped. Those coins really make me sad because all of this foolishness is unnecessary for the most part. frown.gif