• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What photo should I use for my Signature Set (opinions please)

14 posts in this topic

I would like to get opinions on which photo I should use for my signature set. The photo with the black background is from Island Coins and while it is very good, it doesn't really depict the actual appearance of the coin. The washed out photo is mine, and what it lacks in quality, I think it best represents the true appearance of the coin. The dark photo is from Heritage. By the way, you are looking at an 1881-S Morgan NGC MS67 Great Falls Collection

MorganDollar1881-SNGCMS67GreatFa-4.jpg

MorganDollar1881-SNGCMS67GreatFa-2.jpg

Please don't hold back, the photos are really for you guys, I have the actual coin to look at.

Well if yours is the top right and it better represents the coins in-hand appearance, then I really don't like any of the pics. I would work on yours a little more and get it the way you like.

I agree with Bobby, I don't care for any of the pictures. Maybe consider sending it to NGC for imaging, or to someone like Robec or Mgoodm3 on the PCGS boards. They could likely make that coin sing!

I agree with Bobby, I don't care for any of the pictures. Maybe consider sending it to NGC for imaging, or to someone like Robec or Mgoodm3 on the PCGS boards. They could likely make that coin sing!

I agree.

Ok, this photo is terrible, but I am afraid it is the best I can do without professional help. I actually like it better than the others so I am going to use it in the mean time.

MorganDollar1881-SNGCMS67GreatFa-6.jpg

Lovely morgan...I agree that it should be sent to someone for imaging...I actually have a decent photography setup myself. PM me if you're interested as I'd image it for free.

I believe that the image that you took is the best of the group in order to show a lifelike representation of the surfaces and color. The fact that there is also glare within the image makes it appear more "real" to my interpretation of what the coin would look like in-hand.

Just as an update to this earlier thread. I finally took an image that represents the actual appearance of the coin and that I can live with, hence the completion of my set. I think it is much better than all of the other photos in the OP. What say you.

MorganDollar1881-SNGCMS67GreatFa-7.jpgMorganDollar1881-SNGCMS67GreatFa-8.jpg

Listen to DJ, free is a very good price and he knows what he's doing.

I wish I knew what I was doing.. DJ photos are top notch. Somehow I manage to get some ok photos. Dumb luck if you ask me.