• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2006 First Strike $1 Silver Eagle

6 posts in this topic

I have several NGC First Strike $1 Silver Eagles and I was trying to look up the population of the different grades.

When I looked up 2006 there was nothing lower than MS-68. The coin I was looking up is a 2006 NGC First Strike $1 Silver Eagle Gem Uncirculated.

What grade does "Gem Uncirculated" represent?

Any idea of the value of this coin?

I also have MS-69 1991,1992,1994,1997,2002 and 2005.

I'm looking for 1993, 1995 and 1996.

Thanks for any information I can get.

Gem Uncirculated is usually a term given to a coin that did not meet a specified minimum grade by the submitter. Rather than returning these coins to the submitter in no slab, they are slabbed as "Gem Uncirculated," with no numerical grade given.

I'd say it's probably worth melt value, but someone might pay $25-$30 for it.

Try www.gainsvillecoins.com they normally have stock SAE's for good prices. Most silver bullion coins are presently out of stock at many dealers because of the speculator run on pure silver anything.

Also, if you're going for First Strikes on all these, you will probably have to start looking for "First Day of Issue" as the First strike is no longer used by NGC.

Also, if you're going for First Strikes on all these, you will probably have to start looking for "First Day of Issue" as the First strike is no longer used by NGC.

Now they use Early Release. "First Day of Issue" is a different thing.

Now they use Early Release. "First Day of Issue" is a different thing.

You're right Conder, I get them mixed up sometimes!