• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A 1957 P mint quarter and a 1957 D mint quarter had a beautiful kid

13 posts in this topic

Ok so I am looking through the latest 1957 Mint set I purchased and a run across this wonderfully toned anomally..... :cloud9:

Now I am quite used to seeing attractive 1957 mint set toned quarters that features tones of purple, blue and magenta.......typically P mint. :)

1957MintSet4174.jpg

And if you are real lucky you will run across the classic orange, green, and red rainbows that are typically D mint coins..... :o

EbaySales072.jpg

but have you ever considered.......if these coins went out for some drinks......got a little cozy......got crazy and irresponsible.....what their children would look like? hm

Why of course you have....geesh.......and here you go......a composite sketch :devil:

1957MintSet6144.jpg

I am quite smitten with this coin....not becuase it has the best color I have ever seen.....it doesn't but it has some of the most unique toning I have ever seen and as a self admitted toned coin weenie......seeing something you haven't seen before is uber cool

:banana:

Cool Shane! :applause: I've never seen anything like that either... and I note that it is a P mint quarter. Now what I want to know is who supplied the X chromosone and who supplied the Y chromosone and was there alcohol involved? :headbang:

In this case I am not sure if they were drinking E-Z-EST, acetone, or MS70 but they were drinking something becuase they forgot to use a vinyl flip for protection hm

lol lol lol lol

In this case I am not sure if they were drinking E-Z-EST, acetone, or MS70 but they were drinking something becuase they forgot to use a vinyl flip for protection hm

lol lol lol lol

Nice ones Shane. (thumbs u lol

Cool find. Got to love those mid to late 50's mint sets. I have a 54, 56, and 58 ready to go to NGC and another 58 waiting in the background.

Cool Shane! :applause: I've never seen anything like that either... and I note that it is a P mint quarter. Now what I want to know is who supplied the X chromosone and who supplied the Y chromosone and was there alcohol involved? :headbang:

I dunno...looks like some LSD may have been involved.... :insane:

Man they all look nice but that last one is awesome also. What great color on the Rev for the Obv to not have much. Great coins Shane!