• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IGC and NGC crossovers.

6 posts in this topic

This had almost certainly been discussed before but I don't ind it so please-What are the chances that a set of Ikes in proof 69 Dcam or whatever IGC calls it would crossover intothe two main service and still be Pr69 Dcams or ultra cams? I'm not too familar with the proper terms but hopefully you get my question. Thanks

NGC uses "Ultra Cameo" or UCAM to denote the boldest cameo. PCGS and ICG uses "Deep Cameo" or DCAM. ANACS uses "Heavy Cameo" or Hvy Cam. They all mean the same thing, but the standards are slightly different.

ICG is VERY liberal when grading moderns. The odds of an entire set crossing over at that grade is very, very slim. I would suspect that most would come back in the PF67 to PF68 range and some would have their cameo status downgraded to just regular "Cameo".

Given what these coins sell for in all slabs, it is probably not worth trying to cross them over. You'd be better off buying a set in NGC or PCGS slabs if that is what you want.

gereg, you seriously need to start writing a coin answerman column. 893applaud-thumb.gif

And take away from his duties on the W/C? Sounds like the makings of a liberal conspiricy.

Seriously though,thanks. I inherited some coins and awhile most of the slabs are NGC or PGS, a few were anacs or IGC. The Ikes look real nice and I was wondering if it was worth trying a crossover as the NGCs sell for much more.guess its best to keep them as is.I was told te set of thirteen goes for between 600 and 1000. Is this in the ballpark.

Seriously though,thanks. I inherited some coins and awhile most of the slabs are NGC or PGS, a few were anacs or IGC. The Ikes look real nice and I was wondering if it was worth trying a crossover as the NGCs sell for much more.guess its best to keep them as is.I was told te set of thirteen goes for between 600 and 1000. Is this in the ballpark.

13 coins? There should be 11 coins if these are proof coins.

The price for these coins even in PCGS or NGC slabs has come WAY down in the recent past.

Looking on eBay and Teletrade, here are some prices I've found for ICG PR69DCAM's.

1971-S silver $12

1972-S silver $24

1973-S silver $27

1973-S clad $42

1974-S silver $21

1974-S clad $30

1976-S clad type-1 $16.50

1976-S clad type-2 $22

1976-S silver $28

1977-S clad $6

1978-S clad $9

That's $237.50 for the entire set.

You migh consider selling the entire set as a whole. You might get a premium for it and you'd save on commissions if you sold thru a place like Teletrade.

NGC uses "Ultra Cameo" or UCAM to denote the boldest cameo. PCGS and ICG uses "Deep Cameo" or DCAM. ANACS uses "Heavy Cameo" or Hvy Cam. They all mean the same thing, but the standards are slightly different.

ICG is VERY liberal when grading moderns. The odds of an entire set crossing over at that grade is very, very slim. I would suspect that most would come back in the PF67 to PF68 range and some would have their cameo status downgraded to just regular "Cameo".

Given what these coins sell for in all slabs, it is probably not worth trying to cross them over. You'd be better off buying a set in NGC or PCGS slabs if that is what you want.

You know what...On my last submission I sent in 5 ICG graded coins for crossover as well as 3 pcgs and 3 anacs...4 of the 5 ICG crossed....1 of the PCGS and 1 of the ANACS.......It's all about the coins I guess.I am going to Crack all the ones out that didn't and see how they do.