• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help - Found a Monroe blank

13 posts in this topic

Hello,

I don't really collect coins and know nothing about coin errors...I recently found a blank Monroe coin in a new stack I got from the bank. Some people told me it could be worth something and was wondering if it has any value.

The coin looks exactly like the one posted here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-P-Monroe-blank-planchet-edge-lettering-NGC-error_W0QQitemZ200207251079QQihZ010QQcategoryZ524QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

http://coins.about.com/od/errorcoinsdievarieties/a/faceless_monroe.htm

The only exception is that mine doesn't have any edge lettering (not that I can see).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Nice find. Since there is no edge lettering then there is no direct proof that it is the planchet from an actual presidential dollar even though you know better. As far as a potential buyer is concerned, it could be a Sacagawea blank which lowers the value.

It seems to me that they are worth around $150 but we'll see what the other forum members have to say about it.

Nice find. Since there is no edge lettering then there is no direct proof that it is the planchet from an actual presidential dollar even though you know better. As far as a potential buyer is concerned, it could be a Sacagawea blank which lowers the value.

It seems to me that they are worth around $150 but we'll see what the other forum members have to say about it.

Right, and the potential TPG would just put "$1 Planchet 2000-2008" on the label.

Welcome Alan and the others are right. It would have had more value if at least the lettering or some of it was on the coin to prove it was a dollar planchet.

Welcome Alan and the others are right. It would have had more value if at least the lettering or some of it was on the coin to prove it was a dollar planchet.

Presidential Dollar, that is ;)

Presidential Dollar, that is ;)

Ok Ok, Chad. (thumbs u

I think I could find a better use for $99,999 for my collection. hm

Sorry, but this sums up my view of this thing at that price. :screwy:

And the coin. zzz

Welcome. I too think I could find alot better uses for $100K. I think this guy is hoping big time. Nothing wrong with that, as there is not set price for these things.

Got any pictures?

Like some others have said, it could be a Sac $1.