• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MS66, eh? What say you?

13 posts in this topic

The Cert # checks out:

COIN INFORMATION

Cert Verification #: 11859843

PCGS Coin #: 8418

Date, mintmark: 1908

Denomination: $5

Variety: Liberty

Mint Error:

Pedigree:

Grade: MS66

But, I agree with Greg. The photos are too terrible to make any real judgements.

maybe pcgs and ngc should let a person know if and who a coin is registered to when people are running a check. which then they (potential buyer) could PM the owner to confirm if he/she is selling the coin.

maybe pcgs and ngc should let a person know if and who a coin is registered to when people are running a check. which then they (potential buyer) could PM the owner to confirm if he/she is selling the coin.

That would never happen because of confidentiality concerns.

I was wondering if this is a case of just terrible pics or could it be a counterfeit slab? (shrug)

That would never happen because of confidentiality concerns.

I was wondering if this is a case of just terrible pics or could it be a counterfeit slab? (shrug)

a PM would not give any personal information of the owner...especially if its done through pcgs or ngc site

personal information kept private of course!

I wouldn't bid...simply because of the extremely poor images. Of course someone may get a very good deal on it because I'm sure many others have this mindset as well...

Can't see it, certainly wouldn't bid on it. Hard to believe that anyone would try and sell an expensive half eagle with those pictures.

I suspect the low-angle of the lighting in the photograph gives the coin a washed-out appearance, and the coin is much more impressive in-hand.

To wit, try photgraphing a coin with a "low" diffused light (i.e. close to the plane of the coin) and you'll see a very similar effect on lustrous gold (and to a lesser extent silver)...Mike