• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What to do, what to do...

13 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I just recieved a very nice 1936 Cleveland commemorative but I didn't order it. I ordered a 1953-S Washington Carver commemorative. Neither coin is graded and I'm trying to decide whether or not to do the right thing. I know the Cleveland is worth more money but being a basically honest person I think I should contact the seller at Vintage C.C. and let him know about the mixup.

I'd take any thoughts on this that you might have.

Thanks

Do the right thing and you will never regret it. Good Karma is an added bonus :)

Done deal, an email has been sent off to them. Thanks for your opinions as they reinforced my guilt gene and my good Karma.

By all means, contact the seller and let him know about the mix-up. Maybe he'll make you a good deal on the Cleveland at the same time. Honesty is the best policy.

Chris

You dont even need to ask do you? Karma always comes around and you know youll regret it later if you dont. You know this and I comend you for doing the right thing in advance.

I was working at a movie theater in Key West in my teenage years for a summer. I was sweeping the mens-room before my shift ended and found a billfold. I was like nice, its my day. Well I open it up and there is $685 in there! I was shocked, it was alot to me back then, still is. I could have just put it in my pocket, but I took it to my manager. He was a cop also. He said if no one claimed it in 30 days, it was mine.

For 2 weeks I couldnt sleep or think of nothing else. I wanted a new spear gun and some diving stuff. Well about a week later the owner finally came in, some 75 year old retired Navy guy. He came to me and asked if we had found it. I said sure and that we spent it on pizza and beer. He looked shocked. I laughed and said no, we had it and that I found it. He looked even more shocked. I got it for him and felt alittle sad about not being able to get the stuff I wanted, but what are ya going to do. This guy, he said for some young kid to hand over $600+ was not an average thing anymore. He threw $350 on the counter and said have fun.

I still think about this guy alot

. Karma.

Would you have contacted him if the mistake was in his favor, i.e. you bought the more expensive coin and he sent you the less expensive? Of course, because its money out of your pocket. Just think of it the same way.

The only circumstance where I would keep the coin is if I had bought it under a no-return policy (sight unseen) - which of course, I virtually never do. Otherwise, I would cheerfully return it.

Sounds like you did the right thing!