• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting Sales Result - No Sale - My Shipping Policy?

38 posts in this topic

Comments welcome.

My Shipping policy in a nut shell.

$5.95 for a slabbed coin includes S.H.I.P.

(Shipping handling packaging and insurance ) All items.

Multi Purchases is an extra $2 and $0 after the second purchase in a 24 hour period. I usually have 10-20 items ending with in that period hence the policy.

Raw coins are $2.95 and $1.00 extra after the second purchase in a 24 hour period includes all items include SHIP.

Conversation is as follows:

"bidding on several of your other coins - lets wait to see if I win those so that we can combine shipping - OK?"

"I do have REDUCED shipping for multiple purchase within a 24 hour period

Keep that in mind when bidding"

"Hmmmmmm....... thought this was about things of value for sale to the highest bidder - not "Let's see if we can make a profit off of shipping."

"Feel free NOT to bid on ANYMORE on any of my auctions.

Ebay fees Paypal fees and INS which is I required on all purchase has too be paid .. and as such sets my shipping policy.

With Regards"

"You are already on my list of "Do not buy from" .... fortunately, after more than 1.000 purchases on ebay, that is a short list - You figure it out."

"I have done the same ..

I find it funny you didn’t even ask what the reduced amount was going to be …

Would you like me to cancel this auction … ? Your call … "

"Yep - that would be good."

and I cancelled it and left him this as a feedback ( wonder if I will get the same? )

"Amiable discussion on my Policies - Bidder decided to opt out - I had no problem"

I will let you know what me feedback is if any ..

Some people can be jerks Mike. Sounds like you ran across one. I like it when a seller offers discounted shipping no matter what the terms. There are alot that don't offer it.

hmm ... surprising this isnt getting the commentary it is across the street ..

No Comments here ???

I usually just respond by saying, "Yes I will combine shipping."

Havent had anyone ask for further details.

Your shipping price is rather high.

It costs me $1.30 in uninsured postage to mail a slab, another $1.45 or whatever it is now to insure it, and 25c for the bubble mailer.

Prices that high will severely lower my bid at least that amount, if not discourage my bidding altogether.

No Comments here ???

This place is not like a "feeding frenzy" pool full of sharks mentality...I would have expected it ATS though. At the slightest hint, they ( Kool-aid Drinkers) love to chop e-bay to smithereens, all you have to do is put out a chum line. We have our fair share here also, but it's like being attacked by a school of guppies. :grin:

Your shipping price is rather high.

It costs me $1.30 in uninsured postage to mail a slab, another $1.45 or whatever it is now to insure it, and 25c for the bubble mailer.

Prices that high will severely lower my bid at least that amount, if not discourage my bidding altogether.

I agree. Anything more than about $3 and I start to think twice.

No Comments here ???

This place is not like a "feeding frenzy" pool full of sharks mentality...I would have expected it ATS though. At the slightest hint, they ( Kool-aid Drinkers) love to chop e-bay to smithereens, all you have to do is put out a chum line. We have our fair share here also, but it's like being attacked by a school of guppies. :grin:

Funny you would think the negative ... My Cost is OVERly fair as ALL packages are insured.

The thought process ATS is the BUYER was a *SPOON* and they want to BL him ... I am not of that mind set and will not devulge the name ...

I am really starting to think that people here are not reading the context of messages here ... ANY COMMENT on my feedback to this person ??? That I require Insurance on ALL packages - My 24 hour time frame requirement ... additional fees after the 24 hr time frame .. ..

I also think that that 24hr time frame is unrealistic. Many sellers will give a week.

Examples please ... as that comment is unrealistic

I am sorry jgrinz....but I also think $5.95 is alittle over the top.

It cost $1.48 with delivery confirmation to send a package on paypal.

If you buy bubble mailer you can get them for less than $0.25

You are not required to ship with insurance.

If you have a tracking number you are safe.

Seller on eBay have given me more 5 days to combine shipping.

Gainsville coins let me do it all of the time. They also have

resonable shipping rates....they all send with signature confrimation.

For one coin it cost $4.00 with signature confirmation.

I don't know about the week, but I have gotten discounts as long as I'm bidding on the same sellers items. I have always emailed the seller tho' and asked if it was ok to wait until the auctions I was bidding on ended. Never been turned down.

I am sorry jgrinz....but I also think $5.95 is alittle over the top.

It cost $1.48 with delivery confirmation to send a package on paypal.

If you buy bubble mailer you can get them for less than $0.25

You are not required to ship with insurance.

If you have a tracking number you are safe.

Seller on eBay have given me more 5 days to combine shipping.

Gainsville coins let me do it all of the time. They also have

resonable shipping rates....they all send with signature confrimation.

For one coin it cost $4.00 with signature confirmation.

Thank you for you example and must rebut that there is quite a VOLUME difference between GAINSVILLE and myself thus affecting there ABILITY to ofer such generous discounts on shipping ( I use them myself )

Mike, you shouldn't ask for comments on your policy and then immediately shoot down anyone who does not agree with it.

I asked for examples to back up his comment that is all my friend - I do not think I 'shot him down' using his own terminology to have him provide examples of a "two week combined shipping policy"

Mike, you shouldn't ask for comments on your policy and then immediately shoot down anyone who does not agree with it.

I asked for examples to back up his comment that is all my friend - I do not think I 'shot him down' using his own terminology to have him provide examples of a "two week combined shipping policy"

He specifically said many sellers will give you one week. Just one, not two. One week may be a tad optimistic, but I too believe that 24 hours is slightly unrealistic. What if you have several items ending over a 3-day period? If they ordered from you 2 days ago, they have to pay a separate shipping charge on the item they won two days after the first one?

I also think that that 24hr time frame is unrealistic. Many sellers will give a week.

Examples please ... as that comment is unrealistic

Sorry Mike, I tried to help. I am done with this thread.

I found your original post a little confusing but I will say the same thing that I did on the other recent thread where someone asked for input. If you are not getting any bids or low bids, it might not be related to how you are selling but what you are selling.

The specifics in someone's selling policy are only an annoyance to me if the item is something I really want. But if I want the item, I just consider it part of the "real" selling price.

I think your shipping policy is fine and I have no issue with the cost added to the final sales price. However, I find your posts to be some of the most difficult to read and comprehend on either board and, therefore, I think twice before I respond to your topics. That is nothing personal; it is just my experience.

I found your original post a little confusing but I will say the same thing that I did on the other recent thread where someone asked for input. If you are not getting any bids or low bids, it might not be related to how you are selling but what you are selling.

The specifics in someone's selling policy are only an annoyance to me if the item is something I really want. But if I want the item, I just consider it part of the "real" selling price.

I maybe confusing DUAL posts and I apologize if that is the case.

This was an after sale coversation via email ... Not a pre or pending sale but a POST sale ...HE won this auction from me...

I responded to his auction queries and informed him of my policies after the fact which are not out of the norm ...

The thought process ATS is the BUYER was a *SPOON* and they want to BL him ...

I was Across the Street and it appears the "sharks" are biting each other now in your thread...case closed!

Your shipping policy is what it is. I think your mistake was engaging in a conversation about it with the buyer. Some things do not need discussion. Restate your policy and avoid the exchange. IMO

The thought process ATS is the BUYER was a *SPOON* and they want to BL him ...

I was Across the Street and it appears the "sharks" are biting each other now in your thread...case closed!

agreed

$ 5.95 seems more than fair . It's shipping which would be postage and packaging

Handling which is a persons time and maybe a trip to the post office and Insurance .The guy must through a fit when he/she get 15%charged at a real auction house plus shipping handling and insurance and items don't ship for a month.

Not to put down the bay auctions.The guy /gal pays much more than that just to be able to shop on the bay for his /her internet connect.Can't get 2gal of gal of gas for $5.95

here my rant if $5.95 is a deal breaker on a sale you should of said you send it for free and added a copy of the local employment adds and told his to get a better paying job or ask Dad for a bigger allowance .

No Comments here ??

I have found that having the world's simplest shipping charge policy - free shipping - has fixed a tremendous amount of problems for me. I'm honesty amazed that more sellers don't do it.

No Comments here ??

I have found that having the world's simplest shipping charge policy - free shipping - has fixed a tremendous amount of problems for me. I'm honesty amazed that more sellers don't do it.

And yet you still have some :) is what amazes me

And yet you still have some :) is what amazes me

Unfortunately, one can't fix every problem, but a small fix that get rid of big problems is a good fix. Eliminating all questions or issues about shipping charges gets rid of a lot of headaches!

I've run auctions for quite some time both ways - charging reasonably for shipping, and not charging at all. I've switched back and forth a couple of times, and have always ended up back at "free shipping". I'm positive the policy yields the best bottom-line results for the way eBay is currently set up. Don't forget that bidders can filter and sort items with free shipping to the top of their searches, and I assure you, they do that!

(Incidentally, I also include "free shipping" for direct website sales.)

Just saying - it's an option you may want to consider.

First a comment about the feedback you left... I think it was perfectly appropriate and professional. It takes guts to leave it first and then be at the mercy of the buyer. I give you credit for that.

A comment about your combined shippping... If you offer it, I don't think it should be limited to 24 hours. If I know I'm bidding on several auctions I hold off on paying for my first wins until I'm done. Then I send a combined payment and expect combined shipping if the seller offers it.

and lastly...

I sell quite a few slabs too and I'm thinking of going to free shipping. As a seller, it's not worth the hassle involved and it is now inportant to get a 4.8 or greater on your seller stars so you are eligible for the ebay "discounts".

MIke I agree with James I ship almost everything for free. This help's avoid alot of headaches. Yes there are those who still complain because it's first class and a little slower but have not had one yet choose the priority option and pay for it.

No Comments here ??

(thumbs u The man is right! I offer free shipping also when people choose the "buy it now" option. Otherwise I just charge a flat rate of $2...whether it's 1 item or 10.I have never had a complaint yet. :wishluck: