• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey SkyMan, I beat you to this one!

7 posts in this topic

I know how you like those 1958's, Sy. I just bought this 1958D MS-65FBL from Shane, and I can't wait to get it in hand. I was bidding on a 66FBL of his on Ebay, but lost by 20 cents, and so he told me about a couple of others he hadn't put up yet. He had a 58D 65FBL and 66FBL, and it was hard for me to choose between the two. They were even better than the one I was bidding on, so I'm really glad I lost on Ebay. But anyways, take a look and tell me what you think.

1958MintSet2018.jpg

1958MintSet2020.jpg

I like it! (thumbs u

I've been only adding to my type set for the last few years, but sweet toned coins like yours can really tempt me. :eek: I've been thinking about adding some post 1950 toned Unc. types into my set instead of having all bright proofs in that part of the collection like it is now. hm

Jason, that is a lovely '58-D! :applause: Classic colors for the date/mm. That looks clean enough you might be able to get an upgrade. Congratulations on the pickup!

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to muddle through with the ones I own...

That's a beauty! I love both sides in that the obverse is very majestic with the crescent of color and the reverse just bursts forth. (thumbs u

I agree Sy....this MS65 is as nice as several of the MS66's I got back. I felt bad for Jason since he lost out on a coin he wanted but I knew I had a few treasures tucked away that hadn't see the bright lites of Ebay so what could a fellow toned coin enthusiast due but let him window shop and pick something out lol

This coin certainly has great color and eye appeal certainly much nicer than those tarnished chucks of metal in your collection :baiting:

I know some how you will survive :devil: