• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damn Self-Slabbers!

20 posts in this topic

Here's another ebay violator listing his self-made slabs as MS/PR 70. I tried reporting it but was prohibited doing so by a red asterick.

You report this type of auction as 'Misleading title' I had no problem reporting him

They are not MS or PF 70 coins

In the world of Ebay I'd think a feedback of 98.1% after 6000 sales would send any buyer running. :o He's had 7 negatives in the last month, (plus how many other buyers were afraid to say something). That alone should do it, but there are so many uneducated people buying his it tends to keep his scam looking legitimate. :insane:

Yeah Victor, Ebay has to start really weeding out these guys. Just a bunch of lip service ain't cutting it. As always with Ebay they can't ever say no, like losing the juice from those scammy sellers would destory their business. lol

Man Ebay can be a real snake, that also ruins it for the good sellers. It should be a great place to buy or sell coins, but there always some loser trying his hardest to rip you off. Myself, I've found some nice coins there but you have to be willing to wade through waist deep waste to find it...

I had no problem reporting 27 violations as misleading heading. This clown has 119 negative feedbacks in the last 12 months, imagine that. I had four auctions removed once because of a word in the body of the auction(one word). This guy is blatantly disregarding of the rules in the heading. Even uses the word 'certified' in the heading. I bet even with our filings their auctions aren't removed.

Jim

FYI,

Ebay "Live" auctions are exempt from the coin rules on self-slabbers and the grading companies allowed. This is why this Abon scumbag is able to skirt the rules; he simply pays ebay the "Live" fee and moves all his self-slabbed over.

nothing we can do, ebay is all about the bottom line and helping scum fleece the masses.

unreal...they pulled one of my Barber half listings because I put VG10-F12 in the title...yet they let this guy get away with this ...I bet if I paid a special fee they would probably let me sell a bunch of swampland in Florida or run a listing for the Brooklyn Bridge...

Recent Feedback Ratings (last 12 months)

1 month 6 months 12 months

Positive 751 3415 6531

Neutral 4 36 72

Negative 7 58 98

Says it all!! 36_1_30.gif

Recent Feedback Ratings (last 12 months)

1 month 6 months 12 months

Positive 751 3415 6531

Neutral 4 36 72

Negative 7 58 98

Says it all!! 36_1_30.gif

How the do they get away with it and i get banned with 14 negatives in 5 years of trading !!!! rantrant rantrant rantrant

I have been over this many times.The feedback means absolutely nothing guise of things. Recently I was thinking of bidding on a Morgan ,The Seller was a power seller . He sold both coins and other items. Going back three months which is the fartherest back you can get details I found only two posts out of several hundred or more that stated " shipping problem and it took 6 weeks to get the coin but it was worth it.". I started checking each transaction which took a while which meants that I related the date of the feedback to the end of bidding on the item..

All of his non coin items were received within less than 5 days. Every one of his coin items took anywhere from 4-6 weeks.. Yet the seller had no negatives and even the two that hinted at the shipping were positive feedback.This was only two out of more than 500.

I could do this manually.If E Bay wanted to really monitor this then they could do the same thing with a Computer much faster and detect these patterns and grade accordingly.There are many other such irregualr patterns they could detect and at least one expert in Risk Assessment Management has stated that " Ebay is severely lacking in Automation."

EBay is only interested in the bottom line and having the lowest possible expenses while trying to appear they care .

How many items do these problem sellers offer which cannot be bought elsewhere? Not many I would guess. I've never been able to understand why anyone bothers buying an item that is as common as the sand on the beach from someone like that.

I have been over this many times.The feedback means absolutely nothing guise of things. Recently I was thinking of bidding on a Morgan ,The Seller was a power seller . He sold both coins and other items. Going back three months which is the fartherest back you can get details I found only two posts out of several hundred or more that stated " shipping problem and it took 6 weeks to get the coin but it was worth it.". I started checking each transaction which took a while which meants that I related the date of the feedback to the end of bidding on the item..

All of his non coin items were received within less than 5 days. Every one of his coin items took anywhere from 4-6 weeks.. Yet the seller had no negatives and even the two that hinted at the shipping were positive feedback.This was only two out of more than 500.

I could do this manually.If E Bay wanted to really monitor this then they could do the same thing with a Computer much faster and detect these patterns and grade accordingly.There are many other such irregualr patterns they could detect and at least one expert in Risk Assessment Management has stated that " Ebay is severely lacking in Automation."

EBay is only interested in the bottom line and having the lowest possible expenses while trying to appear they care .

fry-1.jpg36_12_6.gif

because...a couple of months ago when I first started buying and selling a few things on EBay I listed a PCI graded coin I had bought and put "PCI VF30" in the listing title. I am a new collector and at the time didn't realize PCIs suspect history and EBays new rules.

So EBay delists my coin and send me an email that made me think I had violated some federal counterfitting law...

OK, fine...I get it now...but doing that is awful and what this guy is doing is hunky dory?

I also had no problem reporting the problem, using:

Banned Items

Then

Banned items again

Then Other banned items

The select a description of banned items

From which you can select COINS

And there you can enter the item number, and a description of your complaint.

eBay's policy for the sale of certified coins is clearly outlined here:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-coins.html