• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1958-D Roosevelt, Vampire Variety.

18 posts in this topic

OK, OK I realize this isn't a variety, but it is a nice alliteration :cool: ... and take a look...

You folks know me and coins from 1958. I couldn't pass this one up. The coin is graded PCGS MS66FB. The FB comes and goes in some of the images depending on the light angle, but in hand it is definitely there. The images were done by Bob Campbell, and I think he did an excellent job.

Roosevelt58D_66FBobv.jpg

Roosevelt58D_66FBobv2.jpg

Roosevelt58D_66FBRev.jpg

Roosevelt58D_66FBRev2.jpg

Please note that PCGS holders are NOT adequate protection during full moon nights. Please take appropriate precautions so not other coins get hurt.

Please note that PCGS holders are NOT adequate protection during full moon nights. Please take appropriate precautions so not other coins get hurt.

The holder smells like garlic hm

Thanks guys, glad you like it!

You telling me I reek, Shane? :baiting: ...Well, there is this one really nice Korean restaurant nearby...

Thanks guys, glad you like it!

You telling me I reek, Shane? :baiting: ...Well, there is this one really nice Korean restaurant nearby...

Sorry Sy.....when you come in to town again I will take you and your coin out for a stake......get it stake :baiting:

Very nice looking Rossie there Sy. I do have to make a comment tho', this doesn't look FB to me. Maybe it's the pics or I don't know enough of what guidelines are taken to be designated FB. Maybe you can enlighten me. Beautiful colors tho'.

Bobby, as I mentioned in the opening post, the FB "look" in the images is dependent on the light angle for the given image. While the coin is definitely NOT hammered, it is sufficiently well struck to see in hand that it is FB.

Bobby, as I mentioned in the opening post, the FB "look" in the images is dependent on the light angle for the given image. While the coin is definitely NOT hammered, it is sufficiently well struck to see in hand that it is FB.

I read that Sy and glad ya cleared it up again because my sometimers desease kind of gets away from me from time to time. lol

I am finding it more difficult to get FT designations than I am FBL so I can vouch it's tough.....I have submitted 20 Roosevelts 1955-1958 to NGC in the past month and only 2 have received the FT designation. :sumo: