• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$50 dollar coupon from EBAY ??? Anyone Else ???

6 posts in this topic

Funny thing arrived in my Ebay mail box ...

"We are sorry you are having a problem with this seller and that you had to file a claim against him. Please accept out apologies and be aware that we are well aware of this situation and it will be given our utmost attention to resolve this issue. Please accept this $50 coupon as a thank you for your past purchases and hope you continue to be a valued part of our ebay family"

Anyone else have this happen ... I buy quite often so I wonder if they take that into consideration. It also just so happens my loss in this issue was exactly $50. I used it right away :)

My Paypal claim is still pending its findings which would mean I would get my $50 back too ...

More back scratching the BUYERS against the sellers ???

your thoughts ??

I got a message a few weeks ago that I had a 10.00 discount and just had to use it between such and such a date.

I had bid on and won an item that Numismedia here has a value of $200.00. I won it for $72.00. I used the coupon so my cost was $62.00.

I don't know when this started or if you have to have a certain feedback number etc as I didn't receive the offer last year or in January or February of this year.

Its hard to say if the $50.00 was based on the fact that you have a $50.00 dispute or the $50.00 is a maximum amount. I doubt if you would have received te $50.00 if the dispute had been for $25.00 .

I would think that if the Seller doesn't re-imburse you for the $50.00 that Ebay will give you another $50.00 but I don't think that EBAY will ask for the $50.00 back if he does do it.Pay Pal might re-imburse the $50.00 .So i guess you have a two out of three chance.

IWith my $10.00 coupon and your $50.00 coupon I would say that E bay is doing promotions to make Buyers happier so that that they will keep Loyal to them and hope that they will spread the word etc.

I got a $100 coupon for filing a non payment complaint I had filed on a buyer who bid and never paid. I used the $100 to buy a MS 70 1 /10 oz Gold Eagle for $125. I have recorded the coins cost in my inventory at $25.

The dispute amount was around $400.

It seems that since the filing was for $400.00 amd the coupon was fpr $100.00 that this is an extra promotion by E Bay so that people will feel good about the situation.

I see on the News where Meg Whitman is on a typr of Campaign Committee for Economics for John Mc Cain.

I am curious. Was the $100.00 coupon recent and after her stepping down. If so then I would see this as a Policy by the New CEO.

Funny thing arrived in my Ebay mail box ...

"We are sorry you are having a problem with this seller and that you had to file a claim against him. Please accept out apologies and be aware that we are well aware of this situation and it will be given our utmost attention to resolve this issue. Please accept this $50 coupon as a thank you for your past purchases and hope you continue to be a valued part of our ebay family"

Anyone else have this happen ... I buy quite often so I wonder if they take that into consideration. It also just so happens my loss in this issue was exactly $50. I used it right away :)

My Paypal claim is still pending its findings which would mean I would get my $50 back too ...

More back scratching the BUYERS against the sellers ???

your thoughts ??

I too recently got a coupon from eBay after filing a complaint against a seller. Ironically, the issue was minor and settled within hours of filing the claim. I really only opened the claim to get the seller's attention because she wasn't answering emails. Once I did, however, BAMMO, refund. In fact, the response I got from the seller after doing so was to THANK ME because she said she was having trouble trying to refund me with the system, but once I opened the dispute, it just let her do it no hassle.

After that, eBay gave me a coupon for something WAY over what my issue was, I think it was $100 or something, and my issue was for like $25, so I was thrilled and spent it within hours on an auction that I was already bidding on and closed successfully. I actually just used it to bid a little higher than I might have otherwise, and I ended up with an ounce of Australian gold out of the deal, because I bid JUST a LITTLE higher than I might have otherwise.