• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An unexpected grading surprise............

16 posts in this topic

I picked up a couple of Jefferson Nickels at the Long Beach show last February for about $10 each and recently submitted them ATS for grading. Grades were posted yesterday afternoon!

6 1 12898209 84011 1941-D 5C US MS66FS

7 1 12898210 84012 1941-S 5C US MS66FS <------ Woo Hoo!

Since I do not track the prices on this series and merely collect it as a side line, I nearly had a heart attack when I looked up that 1941-S!

How do you search for a specific coins sales on Teletrade?

I know how to browse past auctions but that can be painfully slow. Is there a way to search for just 1941-S Jefferson's??

In the upper left corner, click "price guide", enter year (or year range), m/m, and grade (or range). Highlight nickels, and hit search. You have to sign in to search past 60 days.

Congrats! Now the question is are you going to keep it or sell it?? hm

I have no idea what I'm going to do from one minute to the next! It's one of those "old guy" things!

Half the time I wonder what it was that I just did or worse yet what was I going to do?

And why did I come in here??

Here is the link to the last one from Heritage:

http://coins.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=432&Lot_No=383&src=pr

Rather interesting!

O.........M.............G!

I just looked that coin up on Heritage and I wonder how it ever made FS?

Jefferson1941-S73109742PCGSMS66FSCo.jpg

Do you suppose that ding is on the plastic?

I can assure you, my coin did not look like that one and I'll post pics when it gets delivered..