• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you think this Boone will be nice?

18 posts in this topic

You know what scares me?

Because it looks like a scan of a raw coin, just how was the coin handled in order to get that scan?

Was the lid closed on the scanner, were they wearing protective gloves, was it in a flip, a 2X2...of course then they have to pick the coin back up off the scanning bed...geesh, all sorts of horible things cross my mind when I see something like this.

But then it maybe nothing...

It's actually in a PCGS slab so I know what PCGS thinks about it.... they have it as an MS65.

I'm hoping it's relatively mark free and that there is some luster there. Looks like it might have some rim-toning that I like.

The price was at the low end of what I'd expected to pay for one.

BN_35_P65_7455_f.jpg

Well now, it appears my fears are unwarranted as this Boone was already safetly entombed in durable, rugged carbonite plastic.

It probably looks better in hand since it was graced with a 65

No worries mate.

the slab photos appear to be much better focus than the coin only. Nice boone. --jerry

I think you're right although I don't have a clue why... the first pics are just cropped versions of the slab pic... it looks like they are blurrier and the coin larger?????

update... I didn't have time for good photos but here's a quicky...

Sellers Pic (scan)

booneobv.jpg

My Pic

boone001a.jpg

The coin has plenty of luster, very light yet attractive rim toning, very few marks w/ none distracting.

I'm happy with it. :)

Here's the better pics I took tonight. It shows the luster and detail well but washed out the light rim toning... oh well. It's a nice coin in hand. Even in giant size pics the coin is pretty mark free. Thanks for the comments...

booneandreshotcommems003.jpg

booneandreshotcommems004.jpg

It looks like a very nice Boonie and you say the price was right. I like to buy the right coin at the right price. In 2001 I was buying NGC and PCGS 65 Boones for under $100. I thought they were under priced. Guess I was right!!!