• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just bought a second bustie

13 posts in this topic

Hmmm. This is getting to be a habit. I bought it from Harlan Berk again, he seems to be a pretty good dealer. Good website, fast shipping, and the coin was better than the pictures (which, as some mentioned, seemed a little washed out.) So, take a look at the one I just bought and tell me what you think: grade, value, attribution, etc.

us34144a.jpg

us34144b.jpg

I wish I had never heard you mention Harlan Berk-I've bought two coins and am looking at a third from him-Very fair pricing and quite the inventory. Seriously, Jason, I thank you for your tip.

Jim

I would have guessed around VF-35 or so. These images are tough to attribute from, but it may be O-109, which is an R4 variety. I'm guessing that all three "A"s on the reverse are partially filled.

Nice coin, with no problems!

I would have guessed around VF-35 or so. These images are tough to attribute from, but it may be O-109, which is an R4 variety. I'm guessing that all three "A"s on the reverse are partially filled.

Ding ding ding ding! We have a winner. Harlan Berk called it an EF-40, but I agree with your grade more, and you nailed the attribution. If you recall, my previous bustie was an R-4 as well (noticing a trend?) I thought it might be cool to try and do a date set in VF-30 to EF-40 with all R-4's or rarer.

I wish I had never heard you mention Harlan Berk-I've bought two coins and am looking at a third from him-Very fair pricing and quite the inventory. Seriously, Jason, I thank you for your tip.

Jim

You're welcome. I just gave Harvey the website as well. He seems like a good dealer.

Well, I just got this in the mail and was unhappy to discover that it had been cleaned sometime in the past, probably a long time ago by the looks of it. There were a bunch of light hairlines on both sides. I'm gonna try and return it, if they'll let me. Bummer.

Ding ding ding ding! We have a winner. Harlan Berk called it an EF-40, but I agree with your grade more, and you nailed the attribution. If you recall, my previous bustie was an R-4 as well (noticing a trend?) I thought it might be cool to try and do a date set in VF-30 to EF-40 with all R-4's or rarer.

is harlen berk a good site to buy coins? are the accurate with grading or do they overgrade?

In the past I have enjoyed Harlan Berk's site, which is just www.harlanjberk.com They are usually pretty good with the grades (maybe just a hair high), and usually describe cleaning and stuff like that well. I think this coin I just got was a fluke, because there was no mention of cleaning and yet there were obvious hairlines. Overall, though, Berk is a reputable dealer with a good inventory.