• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post something green.

36 posts in this topic

Well I can post this greenie for the umteenth time along with another one that is not quite as green. Of course neither have the variety of greens your monster has. :grin:

1911blayobv041-1.jpg

1915TruVLG.jpg

The only thing green in this thread is me, with envy. ;)

This one has a bit of green in it, although it doesn't show up too well in the picture. It's a 49-D, NGC MS-64 FBL.

55472-JPA737obverse.jpg.47a3e39ce55809a64e667ff52d756fef.jpg

Man Dooly, that coin is kinda scary, no wonder they call it from "The Dark Side"

Is that bird (vulture, griffin) eating something?

And the pin wheel legs...what's with that?

Man Dooly, that coin is kinda scary, no wonder they call it from "The Dark Side"

Is that bird (vulture, griffin) eating something?

And the pin wheel legs...what's with that?

Yes what do you expect from the isle of man lol

it is a Half penny of James Stanley, tenth earl of Derby

the Earls motto is SANS CHANGER. And the Eagle clutching a child on top of the cap of maintenance is the Earls family crest.

The three legs is called the Triune and the motto QVOCVNQUE JECERIS STABIT means whichever way you throw it, it will stand..

that coin probably was what gave rise to the 18th/19th century rumor that Manx people ate there babies.. of course we know this to be untrue now,

:devil:

WOW! Thanks for the awesome history lesson on a very interesting coin I have never seen. I love the 3 legs that are joined. Im really digging some of this darkside stuff.

Way cool man!

I am becoming a little green myself seeing all these cool green coins in this thread. :applause: :applause: :applause:

I don't have much green at all, nor are many of the coins in my collection green either. :insane:

Here's about the only green toning I have, and it's just a little...

1883-cent-o-and-r.jpg