• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Counterfeit coins in counterfeit PCGS holders, too

17 posts in this topic

What I find unbelievable is that after all the problems with items from China that there are 12 bids on the item driving up the price to $1,000. And since it is a private auction, we don't know if those 12 bids are shills or not. I suspect some, if not all, are shill bids.

But there are bids, and that kills me. Sometimes, I think we should let people learn from their mistakes... but that would be a very big mistake!!

Scott :hi:

Image pulled from the linked threads...is this what I think it is?

primative.jpg

I added the descriptions...the red arrow was already there.

Is anyone surprised? When the ANACS slabs showed up last May the writing was on the wall. When the NGC's showed up in August I said "Can PCGS slabs be far behind?" I'm surprised it has taken this long. I thought they would have shown up before the end of last year.

On the bright side, hopefully PCGS also took the hint and has been using this time since the NGC slabs were discovered to work on a new slab with anti-counterfeiting features

Somebody needs to look up the definition of NAFTA (as in North American Free Trade Agreement).

When I was working in Suzhou, China several years ago, they arrested (8) business men in a nearby city for bribery, racketeering and theft of public funds. These men were tried in the morning, marched around town with boards tied to thier backs (which listed their crimes) later that morning. Then after a couple hours of marching, they were taken to the town center where the boards were driven into the ground, their crimes were read aloud to the crowd after which, they were shot by a firing squad. I find it interesting that anyone would be a criminal in China with knowledge of these repercussions. This YongKun character needs to be reported to the Secret Service and the Chinese Embassy in the U.S.. Maybe after which, he would get a real job if he was not reported, tried and shot.

I believe that it will take action where Ebay is sued in a class action suit for assisting identified criminal dealers, who repetively practice theft by deception on their site. Maybe then, they would take an active interest in policing fraudulent seller's activities.

I tried to post a question in Ebay's Open Forum asking why Ebay does not take action to remove known dealers of counterfeit money. Ebay responded by sending me an email explaining why they removed my forum post (it violated some policy about being honest, I guess), so I wrote a short letter to the Secret Service with a copy of the YongKun countefeit listing, asking why Ebay is allowing known, U.S. money, counterfeiters to continue selling coins on their site.

They either commit suicide or China executes then as we saw in the Pet food contamination situation recently.Apparently the desire for profit does not dissuade some people. Many probably fee they won't get caught.

EBay is aother situation. The last I checked there were two Lawsuits against E Bay. One of then involves Tiffany.Apparently people on Ebay have been selling Counterfeit items supposedly made by Tiffany.

The response from EBay is that this is not their responsibilty because they are nothing more than a process that brings Buyer and Seller together for the means of buying and selling goods.

If anybody is waiting on E Bay to Police this then they shouldn't hold their breath.Until the Courts force Ebay to change their attitude/s then " Let the Buyer beware". and their non action will just encourage these things.